Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Default Hello and greetings

Hello and greetings from Maryland's Eastern Shore. I am in an M/s relationship. Master and I are looking to explore a polyamorous relationship, and he has asked me to research. Any comments or advice is welcome.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 AM

hello, I suggest that you do a search on "bdsm," in the tags, have a look through the stickies and look at the golden nuggets section.

We have had a few slaves come through here looking to do some research for their master. The issues that seem to come up are that their masters are not willing to go slowly and allow their slave to catch up emotionally. To be a good master, for me, as a dom, is to be aware and respectful towards my subs feelings and use all the ethical non-monogamy rules/foundations/lessons/whatever you want to call it... that one can find. On that note I would suggest doing a search in the tags for "lessons" and "foundations" to find threads that will give your master the basis of what has been discussed before in regards to a good foundation for poly in your relationship.

Really, M/s or not, there is no difference when it comes to poly I don't think. The only difference I can think of is that if your master says do it and you have agreed to a contract with him that says you will do as you are told, then you should do it. If he is wise he will only say that when he knows that you are ready, not when he is all wrapped up in NRE and ready to dive in. Like being a well trained slave/sub, a master/dom also has to be well trained and not fall into the ego trap that so many do. This can be very difficult when poly becomes a focus of the dynamic in M/s relationships.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:21 AM

Thank you for your advice. It is greatly appreciated, as I am new to BDSM too.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collaredinMD View Post
Thank you for your advice. It is greatly appreciated, as I am new to BDSM too.
The first thing that sprang to mind is "one thing at a time". If it were me I would get used to changing one aspect of the way I was used to being in relationship before shaking it up further. (But it isn't me and there are some people who do well changing up everything at once).
Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 PM

I am one of those types that can change all at once, but thank you for your advice. I appreciate anything I can get
Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure, if you browse through using tag words, you will find a lot of useful information.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklctc View Post
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure, if you browse through using tag words, you will find a lot of useful information.
Thank you kindly,I appreciate it and so will Master.