Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Back when our youngest child turned 4 yrs old and was regularly finally sleeping through the night, my ex and I had a 2nd honeymoon. We finally had time and energy for rekindled feelings of romance and desire. It was great, we were both on such a sexual high.

At the same time, I got a HUGE crush on one of our best friends, a younger single man who lived right across the street. It was thrilling and yet very disturbing and difficult, as I didn't recognize I was poly at the time...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 01-05-2011, 04:17 PM

First of all, way to go with a headline that grabs the readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymonial View Post
the "fulcrum"...
I like it too. I am in the midst of the beginning of my vee, and I just finished a physics class. It seemed every concept I was being taught was directly connected to my situation (holy ego). I especially liked the concept of constructive interference describing wave motion.

It is all-pervading, this opening of the chest, this spine-straightening awareness of beauty all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymonial View Post
My question: Has this happened to anyone else in this forum group, specifically, feeling WAY more romantic and emotionally intimate with others when going through NRE with someone else?
I think it is essential. Every day I look for ways to give out all this love I have in my life to other people. It's easy. People are starving for love all around you. This way, I feel strong enough to receive more. If I couldn't share it with others, there is no way that I would deserve it. Run with it, man. Find ways by listening hard and breathing slow.

Quote:
I've had so many emotions recently, I feel like I need a vacation from them for a week or so. Do something boring or analytical for awhile.
Number one item on the agenda. You. I know the euphoria is hard to disengage from because it's, well..., euphoria. I am grateful for silence, repetitive motion, and being granted space in between earth-shaking emotions to get my feet planted for the next sweet blow. Yup, I hear ya.

I go to a retreat center as often as I can which has been at most twice a year for several years now. It is so quiet. That has helped me immensely with lots of situations but mostly as a commitment to spend time with myself, sorting out the bullshit from the jewels as I walk in silent awe, watching the day all the way through.
-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM

I think everyone is "poly" they just might not realize it, or they suppress it
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderwoman View Post
I think everyone is "poly" they just might not realize it, or they suppress it
Some have known this as poly NRE. Its love, awakinging and passion for the notion of poly.

Its not true that everyone is poly, but its delightful that you have discovered that you are.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post

Its not true that everyone is poly, but its delightful that you have discovered that you are.
Yay for my beautiful Lilo

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Tags
nre