Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 07:41 AM

Very tricky topic all round. You don't have to use an electric razor!!Let me try and put this discreetly. That region can be very pleasurable all around but not if one is choking on pubes
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Let me try and put this discreetly. That region can be very pleasurable all around but not if one is choking on pubes
Ah, kudos to you for saying "choking on pubes" so discreetly!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-12-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Very tricky topic all round. You don't have to use an electric razor!!Let me try and put this discreetly. That region can be very pleasurable all around but not if one is choking on pubes
I'd LOVE to be able to use an electric razor down there I can't cut myself with that.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:26 AM

Now that I think about it, I can say that if I could use an electric for that, I'd be far more likely to keep things shaved. Far easier to keep up on the maintainance that way, and no fear of my inherent clumsiness causing catastrophic results.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Now that I think about it, I can say that if I could use an electric for that, I'd be far more likely to keep things shaved. Far easier to keep up on the maintainance that way, and no fear of my inherent clumsiness causing catastrophic results.
I've heard electric razors pull, because the skin is so stretchy.

Continue to fear!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Sorry, but a little bit of pulled hair just doesn't inspire the same kind of fear in me that the idea of bleeding from the scrotum does.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 PM

I guess it comes down just how hairy you are down there but I have it on good authority that one does it very carefully with a safety razor, holding precious vessels gently but firmly as one proceeds. It should also be noted that said authority is extremely risk adverse and wouldn't partake in anything that put any part of his body at unnecessary risk.

This is very worthwhile skill to perfect, but if it continued to be a problem you could always ask someone very trusted and careful to have a go. Women are quite skilled at getting into delicate regions

Last edited by sage; 02-12-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 PM

Here is a helpful guide to shaving that I found on sexuality.org. It recommends using rubbing alcohol afterward, but I use witch hazel (Tucks pads). Very helpful.

http://www.sexuality.org/l/fetish/shaving.html

Shaving Info

Basic Steps:
  1. If you have long pubic hairs, trim hair with clippers or scissors. Electric clippers are best for this purpose.
  2. Take a long, warm bath beforehand.
  3. Before applying shaving cream, rinse area with cool water.
  4. Apply shaving cream a few minutes before shaving to soften hairs. Consider using a shaving cream with additional conditioners or aloe.
  5. Be sure to use a sharp blade. You might try using two new blades if you are shaving a large area.
  6. When shaving, stroke an area no more than twice to reduce skin irritation. On the first stroke, go "with the grain" to remove most of the hair, then go "against the grain" for a smooth, close shave.
  7. Be sure to clean the area afterward with soap and water to reduce the risk of infection. Ideally, give the area a second cleansing using cotton balls and rubbing alcohol.
  8. Some people find daily applying of baby powder or talcum powder especially helpful after shaving to keep the area dry and irritation-free.
  9. Practice clean hygiene after shaving, washing the area at least once a day to reduce sweat and oil build-up.
  10. Go as long as possible between shavings to reduce skin irritation.
A few warnings:
  1. People who allergic and react to some shaving creams: This area seems to have heightened sensitivity. Furthermore, if it does react, your natural sweat and the natural abrasion this area receives will most likely make your life a living hell [temporarily]. Consider avoiding shaving all together, or try warning tip #3. If you do decide to shave this area, make sure you use hypoallergenic shaving cream.
  2. People with sensitive skin may wish to avoid shaving for the same reasons. Again, if you chose to shave, consider shaving cream made for sensitive skin and use a hypoallergenic moisturizer afterward.
  3. Consider closely trimming your hair instead. It provides many of the benefits of shaving without all the risks!
  4. Letting hair grow out after shaving your pubic area is a bitch. The sharp hairs combined with the sensitive skin will make you realize just how much movement happens in that area on an average day. Chaffing is nearly unavoidable.
  5. Keeping #4 in mind, people who walk/run/exercise a lot might wish to skip shaving all together if you don't want to invest the time in regular shavings.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-13-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:39 AM

Never use a really sharp razor...when they are too dull for your face, demote them to the southern frontier. Do it dry or you'll get too close. Do it every day and it takes barely a minute.

Never fear...a few nicks won't kill ya

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-28-2011, 02:05 AM

I keep myself completely shaved in my groin area... Not really sure my reasoning. I've pretty much been doing it since, oh let's see, 7th grade? 13 or 14? Something like that. Never really know why, but I too like the way it feels. It's definitely more sensitive.

Tags
bush, genitalia, grooming, hair, physical health, preferences, pubic, shave, shaving