Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 05:35 AM

Default My journey has begun

The last couple of weeks have been surreal and completely magical for me.
Back in July my wife and I made an important life change and after reading and researching decided that we would try on the poly lifestyle. At first, it was quite intimidating. We started to actively date and chose to both start accounts on OKC. Of course this meant that she (being a beautiful, poly and intelligent woman) got literally hundreds of responses to her ad. While I (being a married man and poly) was lucky to get one or two responses in a week. This manifested an envious outbreak in me that I did not see coming. Luckily, after 18 years of marriage, she was very patient with me and my big emotional swings and we talked through my issues.
But still, I was having little to no luck finding anyone even for a coffee date. Frustration began to set in and I was starting to wonder if I was waisting my time.
Fast forward to two weeks ago... I met the most spectacular poly woman and we have been getting to know each other and dating twice a week or more. I feel like the luckiest man on earth! An unbelievably wonderful wife and a fresh new (NRE packed) relationship. I am in constant bliss and feel like everyday stress has become nonexistent.
I will be adding more to this blog and filling in details as things progress. I just had to get this started, as writing keeps me grounded and focused.
Until my next post,
Cheers!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:59 AM

Since I last posted some big events have happened. DW had surgery last Thursday to remove the right side of her thyroid. They found one nodule that they had to test to see if there was any cancer or not. She went in for her follow up exam today and we got excellent news. The tumor was found to be benign! I'm so happy for her, that she can move on and resume her life as it was before this dark cloud lingered. She had to change her diet a couple of weeks ago to a low iodine diet. The diet change was in case the tumor was cancerous they would have to have treated her with radioactive iodine. No thanks! I'm feeling really thankful that she didn't have to go through that.
I have spent several quaity hours with MG. We have a chemistry that is undeniable. I feel a true connection and I know that she has the same feeling. It's kinda silly, I feel like a high schooler again. Big beautiful eyes that stare back at me in that puppy love type of way. She makes me feel fantastic. And I'm pretty positive the feeling is mutual. We talk about how comfortable we feel when we are together. It's really as if we've been together for years. Cliche I know. But completely how this relationship has become. It's neat, I feel like because I felt this animal magnetism towards her, from the first time I saw her and we hung out, her personality/manerism/attitude towards life in general was very endearing to me. In fact the next day I recieved a text from her and I responded with exactly that. I said something to the effect of, I really like your personality and sense of humor to which she responded, I think your yummy. I knew then that I was going to pursue her. I am so glad that I did. MG is a beautiful human and wonderful lover. We are both really liking the direction that our relationship is headed and it's quite nice. I can't wait to see where this journey will lead us.