Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 PM

Default Hello

Hello, I was excited to find this site and having been browsing for sometime. I decided it was time to introduce myself and my family. I am a female in a v with my husband (M) of 15 years and my boyfriend (Blue) of two years. A little background: M and I had been married for sometime when we had friends invite us to a local swingers club. We visited the club on a fairly regular basis but rarely participated in the swinger activities. M is quite shy but in this surrounding found it easy to make new friends. We met Blue at the swingers club as he was part of the staff. Blue made an effort to introduce us to people and ensure we were comfortable. Blue invited us to an early morning breakfast after the club closed and we all became friends. Blue and I talked almost everyday as Blue was in a difficult relationship and needed someone to listen. We became best friends and as his relationship with his gf ended, Blue stressed he would need a place to stay until he could financially survive. We invited Blue into our home and to be a part of the family. Blue was thrilled. During the first 3 months, Blue had his own bedroom but as time passed, we began to share a bedroom. We have been living together now for 15 months. M and Blue have no relationship outside of their friendship. We have had to overcome many challenges in the past few years with our families getting up in age and needing more from us. I treat them as equals and strive to maintain good communications between the three of us. I welcome any advice and look forward to meeting others who are in a poly relationship.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 AM
Official Greeter

Greetings oneofmany,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds like you, M, and Blue have a great V relationship. Often poly (even monogamous) relationships can be a little rocky in the early years, so I think you're pretty fortunate. I'm in a similar V relationship (MFM), and we did have our rough years, but things are smooth now and it seems very worth it.

Sorry to hear your families are having some health issues with old age. I hope the three of you pulling together will lessen that burden.

Glad you could join us on Polyamory.com,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 AM

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

I am also the hinge in a MFM cohabitating Vee. MrS (my husband) and Dude (my boyfriend) were/are best friends and we live together as "chosen family". A lesson I had to learn over our first years has been that fair=/= equal. They need different things/attention from me at different times. Communication is key.

I'm glad that you found us and would be happy to talk more.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe