Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 AM

Thanks Phy and GreenMom!

Gia happened to be in my neighborhood after work today, getting some work done on her car. We walked around for an hour or so, stopped into shops, talked casually. It was really nice.

Several days ago, I mentioned the idea of getting together for a just-us date soon. We've been seeing each other very regularly lately, but never for long alone. She said she didn't think she'd be able to make that happen this month, so we're looking at early next month. Disappointing, but I know she's feeling really overwhelmed and crazy lately, so I get it. I want to be a positive force in her life, not a stressor. Just frustrating. :/

Well, I felt a little better about it after this. While we were walking, she said that she had an idea for our next date. She's going to find a complicated recipe that she'd love to try but that requires a ton of prep (gathering ingredients, julienning things, etc). I'll be in charge of getting the prep all done perfect, then helping her cook, then we'll chill and eat. From the way she framed it ("I was thinking you might like this... I'm going to give you a list of tasks to perform...), I know she was thinking of it as a D/s thing. It's actually very along the lines of some of the ideas presented at the feminine dominance class we went to. And at the same time it's perfectly her and perfectly us.

I agreed to the idea enthusiastically, she linked her arm around my waist and we walked along like that, grinning.

It just thrills me to see her to begin to develop confidence in this area. It's such a gift to me, for her to take the time to think through how to hit my buttons in a way that will also hit hers and that will fit into the way we live and love together. I adore how she finds the femme-iest ways to start to dom me (marking me with lipstick, ordering me to help her cook fancy food).

Unf, there has literally been a years-long build-up to us exploring this dynamic together. My sweet, beautiful, strong lady. I'm in this with you whatever we end up making of it, but I'm ready to be so much more yours, if you just could let me.

In the meantime, I spend a lot of time looking at kinky stuff on tumblr and daydreaming...
Old 06-17-2012, 02:54 AM

I finished my fanfic! Just over 13k words. If you've seen The Avengers movie, it'll make sense, if you haven't it might still be hot if you're into the things I'm into. Basically, after the events of the movie, Bruce Banner moves in with Tony Stark and Pepper Potts and then sexy/awesome/kinky times ensue.

I tried my best to model, in the story, all the things I would most want to see in terms of 1) people talking about poly before jumping in, and 2) dealing with safer sex and kink stuff responsibly.

There's explicit sex, mild BDSM, and a LOT of talking. I also happen to think it's ridiculously hot and romantic. And I've been getting such nice comments on it already!!!! Eeeee, it makes me SO happy to pour my heart into something and then to have other people enjoy it, relate to it, and get off to it. Mmmmm, yes, good times.

If you'd like to check it out, it can be found here:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/

..splitting the url in half out of paranoia like I do...

435969/chapters/741610

I am going to have to work hard in the future, when I see posts from couples approaching poly in a way that seems naive to me, to not just link them to this story and say, "See all the communicating Tony and Pepper do with each other, and then with Bruce? Yeah, you're not doing that. You have to do that."
Old 06-17-2012, 04:42 AM

Okay, wow. That was fucking hot. I know pretty much nothing about the Avengers beyond what you have written earlier in your blog, and apart from a bit of a ? moment when you first mentioned Rhodey, I didn't feel like I needed any back-story to enjoy the fic.

I loved the smart conversation, and the explicit discussion of things that are far better when mutually understood beforehand. I was impressed by how you made best practice sexy

Aah, I had a to-do list for this afternoon somewhere... *fossicks among the bedsheets* Thanks for sharing. Definitely gonna share this link with a few people. Congrats!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:04 AM

oh.my.ghods. GRRRRL, that was amazing! I shared it with my men (before I actually finished it even).

CBF has a thing about imagining us as movie characters. After Ironman, he's always saying to me, 'can I have one?' and I'm to say 'no.'

There was something in chapter 3, i've conveniently blocked it now, but it was something he and I say to each other. It was so intensely personal for me to read.

Your wonders never cease to amaze me!
thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 06-17-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuchka View Post
Okay, wow. That was fucking hot. I know pretty much nothing about the Avengers beyond what you have written earlier in your blog, and apart from a bit of a ? moment when you first mentioned Rhodey, I didn't feel like I needed any back-story to enjoy the fic.

I loved the smart conversation, and the explicit discussion of things that are far better when mutually understood beforehand. I was impressed by how you made best practice sexy

Aah, I had a to-do list for this afternoon somewhere... *fossicks among the bedsheets* Thanks for sharing. Definitely gonna share this link with a few people. Congrats!
Awesome, I'm glad it works even without all the context! Ha, I suppose it's not too surprising, considering that there's not too much in the way of "plot". The only elements that would really be confusing if you didn't know about them would be 1) the discussion about Bruce's heart rate and him needing not to experience strong anger or shock, because of the whole Hulk thing, and 2) Tony's arc reactor, the glowy metal thing in his chest that keeps him alive, which gets mentioned in passing a couple of times.

I strongly believe that "consent is sexy" is more than just a slogan. Consent really IS sexy, at least to me, if you can treat negotiation and communication almost as part of foreplay rather than some distasteful chore before you can get to the good stuff.

I had to look up "fossicks".

So happy you enjoyed it!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
oh.my.ghods. GRRRRL, that was amazing! I shared it with my men (before I actually finished it even).

CBF has a thing about imagining us as movie characters. After Ironman, he's always saying to me, 'can I have one?' and I'm to say 'no.'

There was something in chapter 3, i've conveniently blocked it now, but it was something he and I say to each other. It was so intensely personal for me to read.

Your wonders never cease to amaze me!
thank you, thank you, thank you! <3
Aww, your dynamic with CBF sounds so cute! And I'm sooo curious which line it was that was actually something you guys say.

The story is *very* personal to me as well, I feel you on that, of course. Gia knows about my tumblr, although I don't believe that she reads it religiously, so she may well end up reading the fanfic. The idea actually scares me a little because it's my heart and brain and sex drive just splayed open and turned into words.

For that same reason, it means so much to me when people relate to it. Really glad it worked for you, thank you for the feedback!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
Aww, your dynamic with CBF sounds so cute! And I'm sooo curious which line it was that was actually something you guys say.
Okay, for you, dear grrl, I went back and read it again. 'Mine' was the one that got me. (he's only taken to that recently, like just prior to our vee)

And actually, both of them do versions of 'that's my name, don't wear it out'. Like, if I say 'goddammit,' FBF says, 'consider it damned.' And the veto on the stupidest name? It wasn't a name, but I said something, and FBF said 'don't ever say that again.' Then he made up a new word and had to say it a few times and then vetoed it himself.

Oh, and I was so overcome before, I neglected to mention, in addition to being a fabulous story; it's such beautiful English. I don't think you repeated a single adjective, and you did that without it feeling forced or edited for that. Regardless of subject matter, I'm a total sucker for beautiful English.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 06-19-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
Okay, for you, dear grrl, I went back and read it again. 'Mine' was the one that got me. (he's only taken to that recently, like just prior to our vee)

And actually, both of them do versions of 'that's my name, don't wear it out'. Like, if I say 'goddammit,' FBF says, 'consider it damned.' And the veto on the stupidest name? It wasn't a name, but I said something, and FBF said 'don't ever say that again.' Then he made up a new word and had to say it a few times and then vetoed it himself.

Oh, and I was so overcome before, I neglected to mention, in addition to being a fabulous story; it's such beautiful English. I don't think you repeated a single adjective, and you did that without it feeling forced or edited for that. Regardless of subject matter, I'm a total sucker for beautiful English.
Yesss, I absolutely love that bit. And, wow, this *did* line up particularly well with your life, didn't it?

Also, SCORE, I had to do sooo much editing to remove repetitive words and make it flow, so if it didn't seem that way then the work paid off.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:13 AM

Great style, Annabel Liked it and as well found something quite personal there. You have a great way with words and connecting to your readers personal experiences as it seems

My Blog
Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 AM

It's been a little while since I've posted here! Let's see, what's been going on...

I went to G&E's place to watch Bee the other week, the plan being that I would take him back to my place so that Gia and Eric could get some alone time. I hung out for a bit first. Gia suggested that I stay and watch him there, and asked if I'd be ok with that if they still wanted alone time. We were sitting on a bed together at the time. I said "Hmm, ok, wait, let me think. Hmmmm." I felt distracted by her presence, so I said "I'm just gonna think under this blanket," and pulled a blanket over my head. I love that I can be that weird around her and not feel awkward.

I decided to stay. When they were ready to retire to their room I scooped Bee up and went out with a shopping list and some cash they'd given me (it was my suggestion that I could run to the store). I really didn't want to come back while they were still in bed together, so I drove around aimlessly while Bee slept in his car seat for a good 30 minutes before going to the store. By the time I got back they were out and about. I was chill outwardly, while internally I waited to see if I would be upset. I wasn't upset. *phew*

Harry's gf, Renee, moved into his place recently with her three daughters (15 year old twins and a 5 year old, from her previous marriage). They've known each other for a long time, have been intimate for over a year, and have been officially dating for almost that long. My roommates and I attended their housewarming party over the weekend. Harry is SO happy, it's wonderful to see. Renee seems nice enough, though I doubt we'd be friends under different circumstances as we don't seem to have much in common. Davis and I might go to a museum with the two of them and the five year old this weekend.

My life has been crazy lately, poly stuff aside. This summer is just insanely busy. I haven't been spending too much time with either of my partners lately.

Tags
bisexual, boundaries, mono/poly, pregnancy, secondary, unrequited, vee