Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
To answer your questions, no, Wendigo doesn't have any outside relationships besides me. (He has one very long distance online D/s relationship, but they've never met in person and there are no plans for them to meet in person.)
Ah, well that makes sense then
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudge View Post
Out of curiosity, have any of you considered vasectomy or tubal ligation? If you did, would it put an end to the 'unspoken rule'?
I had a tubal ligation almost 7 years ago.

November imagine my surprise to find myself pregnant. It was a tubal pregnancy that required emergency surgery. It was my boyfriends baby.

So any birth control can fail even permanent ones. As my doctor says the human body has a habit of finding ways to heal itself or make something happen. He says he knows of vasectomies that have failed after a decade same thing with tubal ligation.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
I had a tubal ligation almost 7 years ago.

November imagine my surprise to find myself pregnant. It was a tubal pregnancy that required emergency surgery. It was my boyfriends baby.

So any birth control can fail even permanent ones. As my doctor says the human body has a habit of finding ways to heal itself or make something happen. He says he knows of vasectomies that have failed after a decade same thing with tubal ligation.
Oy, the biological imperative rears its head.

I have a vasectomy myself, and would say that the risk of causing a pregnancy has diminished enough that it is not a factor with my fluid bonding choices, though I am only fluid bonded with my spouse at this point.

It's all a question of what risks are acceptable. I am surprised that some of the posters don't get tested for STDs. Just as many accept the requirement of condoms with those they partner with, I have an agreement with my partners to regularly test-- or there have to be barriers with oral sex as well.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudge View Post
Out of curiosity, have any of you considered vasectomy or tubal ligation? If you did, would it put an end to the 'unspoken rule'?
I had a tubal, Prof had a vasectomy, we test regularly and don't use condoms. He does not use condoms with S but they both do with other partners. ( there haven't been any others for a while) If that changes I would happily go back to condoms.

Kip has not been snipped. But again, we test regularly. He does not have any other partners. We don't use condoms.

I always used condoms with Yo.

At our age, none of us are interested in having more kids.

Last edited by Atlantis; 08-17-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Banned

What posters don't have regular std tests?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:27 PM

Our group has been sexually closed for over a year (mainly due to not having time or the people we are seeing having a rule in place from another partner for no sex) so since the last time we all tested negative on a full panel I don't think any of us have been tested (probably been about 6 months). That would change if a new sexual partner was to be added. Particularly if they are open sexually.
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
N8: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: N8 girlfriend
Ruby: Part of the Leather Family
Logan: Leather Sir in the Family
Arc: Logan's boy
Holly: Leather family
K: Holly's sub
Old 08-17-2013, 02:22 PM

Wendigo doesn't get tested and I saw no need in making him since Pretty Lady had been his only partner for at least 15 years when we got together. I got tested in November for EVERYTHING, as they were trying to find out what was wrong with me - I ended up being allergic to wheat and corn and clean for everything else. I don't think Runic Wolf has been tested since he got out of the military 10 years ago. *shrugs* I only see the point in getting tested (outside my regular testing at the gyn) if there is a condom oops with one of Runic Wolf's other partners, but they get tested regularly and are clean.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I'm allergic to so many things it isn't even funny. I can tolerate latex, but am allergic to lube and spermacide, so condoms have always resulted in me breaking out in hives down there, which makes sex no fun at all.
Well, there are non-lubricated condoms... And "lube" is a very broad term. Have you tested any of the hypoallergenic alternatives? A good sex shop will carry a few. You can usually try them out in the store, on the back of your hand, to see if you react. But that's all assuming there's a reason to go through the trouble. If your life arrangement doesn't require it, I can fully understand why you wouldn't want to bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
I don't get them regularly. I had some done last year when I decided to get a full blood work-up. I've been with the same partners the whole time, and they haven't been with any new partners, so there's not a lot of reason.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:40 PM

If anyone new is a possibility-we get tested. But there hasn't been any new dates to meet people-much less possible liaisons in over a year. So we haven't been tested this year.
When one or another of us is actively looking-we test every 6 months.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
Definitely not here. However, thats because at this stage none of us have had time to really step outside our quad. Closed by the dreaded 24 hour a day limitation has removed our current need for active testing

Tags
bareback, disease prevention, fluid bonding, poly fi, poly fidelity, safe sex, safer sex, sex, unsafe sex, unsafer sex