Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 03:23 PM

Do they do these in different sizes? I can't use the standard size and would very much like to find something that didn't feel like the standard condom feel.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 07-06-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflywaterfall View Post
They allso are the only non latex ones I've seen (at least around here) to come in LARGE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Do they do these in different sizes?
Sounds like it.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM

Just recently got fluid bonded with new amorata by circumstance--we had technical failure with a condom and ended up swapping fluids. The twist to that is that now I use condoms with my wife, until we get the next round of testing and make certain everything is OK.

That's a weird feeling for me--now able to go bare with the gf and not with the wife. Ah, the joys of responsible behavior!

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Do they do these in different sizes? I can't use the standard size and would very much like to find something that didn't feel like the standard condom feel.
Standard and large. And the large man who wore it said it felt really nice.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Just recently got fluid bonded with new amorata by circumstance--we had technical failure with a condom and ended up swapping fluids. The twist to that is that now I use condoms with my wife, until we get the next round of testing and make certain everything is OK.

That's a weird feeling for me--now able to go bare with the gf and not with the wife. Ah, the joys of responsible behavior!
So, because of the one condom failure, you are not using any with the new gf? If it were me, I'd still keep using them. Or are you reasoning that you can't shut the barn door after the horse is out?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 AM

I'm with nycindie. Just because you had a condom failure once doesn't mean you should take the risk every time now. I would wear condom with my wife, but keep wearing them with my gf as well.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:59 PM

I guess it would depend on what other type of birth control she is on. If condoms were just for STI protection, than personally, once fluid bonding is reached, regardless of how, I am done with condoms. I don't like them and found out in high school that many of the spermicides and lubricants used in them trigger allergic reactions from me, so the sooner I don't have to use them anymore, the better.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:14 PM

I find it weird, and akin to saying "well, we used condoms for birth control, but one tore, so now we're not using them until we get a home pregnancy test".
Every single time you have sex, there is a risk. And the risk tied with a torn condom isn't as high as using no condom at all. Taking big risks of purpose many times because you took a smaller risk accidentally once really makes no sense to me.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
. . . many of the spermicides and lubricants used in them trigger allergic reactions from me, so the sooner I don't have to use them anymore, the better.
Nowadays it is usually recommended that non-spermicidal condoms be used, because of that irritation. Apparently, a reaction to the spermicide can create small sores, which makes getting infected with STIs easier.

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflywaterfall View Post
The ones I use are the Skyn condoms by Lifestyles. You can get them in big boxes at walmart for oh, $6 too so they're super economical.
We don't have Walmarts in NYC, but I saw them in my local Duane Reade drugstore -- and they were $7.65 for a packet of three! Undercovercondoms has a 12-pack for $9.99, which is better. I wish I could get them cheeeeep. I'm running low and need more - I think my lovers would like this brand.

Last edited by nycindie; 05-01-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Tags
bareback, disease prevention, fluid bonding, poly fi, poly fidelity, safe sex, safer sex, sex, unsafe sex, unsafer sex