Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 06:14 AM

Default are there any poly clebs out there?

so I was kind of wondering if there are any celebrities that associate themselves as poly that have publicly said so.

the irony for where this came from was really my mom cause I ended up telling her about how i have a boyfriend and a girlfriend she kind of acted like
I had created polyamory all by myself...and her main question to me was were there any celebrities that were poly.
Now I am not trying to ask this to prove a point to my mother or anything like that I just got curious about if there was any well known famous poly people in the world today.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:34 PM

Er... Warren Buffet I guess? Not sure if that counts as "celeb" for your mom.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:22 AM

I was wondering myself this recently. There must be but it's probably like coming out as gay/lesbian 30 years ago, something that wasn't done much.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Tilda Swinton is openly poly - but there is another discussion thread about this already. Do a search.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM

M'onique
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 11-30-2011, 03:03 PM

http://m.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/f...c&type=article

Singer Rufus Wainwright (son of Loudon Wainwright) and Lorca Cohen (daughter of famed folk singer Leonard Cohen) have a three person co-parenting relationship for their child with Rufus's partner Jorn Weisbrodt. They're mum about whether either or both of the partnered dudes are intimate with Lorca in an ongoing way (presumably Rufus slept with her at least the once), but the whole situation is beautifully poly.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:06 PM

Adorable and open-minded sum-up of the situation: http://m.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/f...c&type=article