Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 04:31 PM

As Sheldon would say, "Is that sarcasm?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
To answer the second question in the title of this thread, now that people have answered the first one and it isn't helping:

No, jones. I don't think you can move past this. I think you are stuck there, you do not have any choices except to wait for G to decide what he wants and if he decides to be with J, then you should be quiet and make it as easy for him as possible. If he wants you to be there while they hang out or have sex, then you should because it will prove that you love him more than she does. Maybe he will change his mind and decide he loves you more than her after all, or at least ALMOST as much. Just make sure you do whatever you can to keep G happy, otherwise you will NEVER move past this.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, 37
I am also casually dating presently, and miss pixi is open to dating as well
Old 04-21-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
As Sheldon would say, "Is that sarcasm?"
I thought it might be.

Do note, though, the recently revised user guidelines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
On Communication Styles

. . . .

It is very difficult to understand where someone's intent lies when reading written text and members will be expected to do everything possible to make themselves clear in their communication.

There will be minimal tolerance for sarcasm, passive aggressive communication, unwanted attention seeking and skirting on the edge any of these including flaming or trolling. Bullying; which is intending to do harm, creating a power imbalance, repeating negative insults, name calling, subjecting members to ridicule or negative gossip, and attempting to exclude members, will not be tolerated.

Please note that if you get an infraction for any of the above offenses you are the one that needs to re-think how you write. It isn't up to us as the mods or the members reading your posts to try and guess about the tone in which you are speaking. Infractions will be given out for perceived tone unless the writer explains themselves publicly and corrects that tone immediately.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 PM

thank you all for your support, I have made my choice but it seems it has decided already by G thanks x
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Banned

I don't know who this "sheldon" person is.

Obviously i have already attempted to provide sincere constructive advice, and my sarcasm was used in a way that simply reflected and augmented what has already been set forth. It was not used to ridicule the OP. So i'll go ahead and report this to the moderators myself. I know they are intelligent enough to see this for what it is.

Last edited by BoringGuy; 04-21-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I don't know who this "sheldon" person is.

Obviously i have already attempted to provide sincere constructive advice, and my sarcasm was used in a way that simply reflected and augmented what has already been set forth. It was not used to ridicule the OP. So i'll go ahead and report this to the moderators myself. I know they are intelligent enough to see this for what it is.
he is from the big bang theory.

thank you boring guy (which you are not) G broke up with me tonight and he says he wants to be just friends and he said if he met J ten years ago ( that is when we started dating) with the connection he has with her and the one he has with me, he would have picked her. x
Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones View Post
he is from the big bang theory.

thank you boring guy (which you are not) G broke up with me tonight and he says he wants to be just friends and he said if he met J ten years ago ( that is when we started dating) with the connection he has with her and the one he has with me, he would have picked her. x

You know what, i am sorry that your life as you have come to know it is changing in a way you did not want, but i am also happy that G took ownership of his choice instead waiting until you had enough so that you'd leave him and be the one who "gave up". I'm thinking that he wanted to be able to say to anyone who asked, "i didn't leave jones because of soneone else. Jones broke up with ME."

But somehow i wonder if this is really going to be the last we hear from you about this...
Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
You know what, i am sorry that your life as you have come to know it is changing in a way you did not want, but i am also happy that G took ownership of his choice instead waiting until you had enough so that you'd leave him and be the one who "gave up". I'm thinking that he wanted to be able to say to anyone who asked, "i didn't leave jones because of soneone else. Jones broke up with ME."

But somehow i wonder if this is really going to be the last we hear from you about this...
you may hear from me again yes and that would be because despite thinking this may be a good idea, I am still hurting. he isn't happy with me and at least he made his choice about it instead of lying about his true feelings.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:55 PM

Sigh. At least the "dangling along thing" is resolved. You know what you have here -- a break up. You weren't ready to do it, and he was just going on and on... but it's out there now and you know where things stand.

Not fun. I'm sorry for your continued suffering even though things gain clarity. Knowing where you stand more firmly is at least that -- knowing where you stand more firmly.

Hang in there.

Galagirl