Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 07:22 PM

I had a teeny tiny grandmother who I take after, so genetically I guess I am blessed, in this society that so values thinness. But even tho I am small, I do still despise every little bit of flabby or saggy skin on my body . I manage to look good enough in clothes, tho, so the incentive to exercise is really just not there -- which is not good, because I may be thin but I am probably not the healthiest I could be.

I resist the urge to eat for comfort only, though, which I think has kept me thin in addition to the genetics. I simply know that when I am feeling emotional, it is NOT hunger for food that is nagging me. (In fact, it is probably a bit of a disorder -- if I am upset emotionally, I will NOT eat. I will hold out for the emotional fulfillment, instead. And sometimes, damn emotions -- I'm fucking HUNGRY! )

My grandma was very self-conscious and did not like being skinny. Her two sisters were curvy and the boys all liked their curves, and called her a skinny mama barn cat. She was teased as a child and even all throughout her adult life (when she DID get elegant little curves in all the right places). Other women were terribly jealous and often made rude comments. We thought she was beautiful -- but I must say that my other grandma, who was "fluffy," was much more comfortable to hug!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:28 PM

Other than being on the thin side, neither my mother nor any of my relations fits my "type" very well, lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:42 AM

I will say one thing:

No one can wear a corset like a full-figured broad!

They are just made for the ample body. I love wearing corsets.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I will say one thing:

Me too!
Old 05-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I will say one thing:

Ditto! I love my curvy, full figured body, and so does my partner
and leap into the ripe air
Alive
with closed eyes
to dash against darkness
in the sleeping curves of my body
Shall enter fingers of smooth mastery
with chasteness of sea-girls
Will I complete the mystery
of my flesh
I will rise
After a thousand years
lipping
flowers
And set my teeth in the silver of the moon
~e.e cummings
Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 AM

I love me some corsets!

I've always been a "broad" kind of broad. Wide shoulders and ribcage... sturdy.

I've grown to be okay with that... though I have some extra poundage from my thyroid going wacky-- and that's the part I don't like. But... I'm trying to have some perspective, which is something I"ve sorely lacked my entire life. I was just looking back on some pictures my photographer friend had shot about 7 years ago... and remember at the time thinking I needed to lose 10 more pounds! Doh! Not only was I not fat, I was really muscular, so of course I weighed more!

Sometimes I wish I could go back and slap my younger self a couple of times.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:33 AM

By today's media standards yes I guess I do like fat women

In my opinion most women who think their butt ugly and fat look perfectly fine to me and sometimes even stunning! *pondered with the hand on the chin looking up thinking* Nope I guess EVERY woman I've every been with or almost was at a relationship level would have been considered fat.

Quote:
As was the case with a woman of a couple we met (we call P in past posts.) I found her VERY attractive, 5'9 and I think about 220lbs (I think she said she was) with her body I did NOT think of her as fat she looked fucking GREAT! Brown eyes which I loved, great confidence another meowww Unfortunately me at 5'9, 230lbs was not good enough. Although the nice girl she said if I can lose the lil tummy in 6 months to a year she'll consider me LMAO. I should have believed the OKC questions which raised flags but my wife said nah she sounds so nice lol. Only part that really sucks is wife is dating the guy and I'm left still looking.
I'm not a BBW chaser, not into the whole feeding thing but yes when I see "skinny" women (ie where you can see ribs) compared to the "normal" women you see in normal everyday life while it may be rude. I often think wow what's wrong with them? Are they sick? can't keep the weight on? is it just the flu? or something more serious?

At the other end I admit someone going way past 300+ pounds, while a perfectly fine person and fine as a friend I do not find just attractive. I wouldn't leave someone for just gaining weight *shrugs* I don't know if we REALLY clicked and I loved their personality I might even be blinded to that I've had bitch fests with others about weight and other things. You CANNOT often change what you are "attracted" to, what turns you on, gets you hard, gets you wet and all that
Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm77 View Post
I'm not a BBW chaser, not into the whole feeding thing but yes when I see "skinny" women (ie where you can see ribs) compared to the "normal" women you see in normal everyday life while it may be rude. I often think wow what's wrong with them? Are they sick? can't keep the weight on? is it just the flu? or something more serious?
So, when I come back with "Yeah, it's chronic fatigue syndrome; done a number on me, thanks for noticing!" will you be embarrassed or just silent?

I mean, shit, I stuck both my feet in my mouth when I congratulated a "pregnant" lady on what turned out to be edema from her medications. That was when I learned to mind my own body.

Refuge in Audacity { home of the post-raph stunner }
Old 08-15-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefromgirl View Post
So, when I come back with "Yeah, it's chronic fatigue syndrome; done a number on me, thanks for noticing!" will you be embarrassed or just silent?

I mean, shit, I stuck both my feet in my mouth when I congratulated a "pregnant" lady on what turned out to be edema from her medications. That was when I learned to mind my own body.
Haha, nice thing about Storm is he wouldn't say it

I know the edema thing! I get it during the summers, and it sucks!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:16 AM

Redpepper,
I loved this article! I am a 5'1" 200 lb woman with a sex drive to die for just ask my husband loves it as well. I read him this article and he said that he would rather be with me than any skinny woman at anytime (he wasn't just blowing smoke) lol.
I think women that are curvy are beautiful! I think all women are beautiful. I think that the way we percieve ourselves makes us who we are. For instance if we are overweight and think we are sexy and give off that vibe than others will pick up on that and think we are sexy too.
So to all you curvy women out there. Be sexy and love it.
CG

Tags
dating, image, sexiness, stereotypes