Announcement regarding changes to Mod Staff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaginaryIllusion

Administrator
Staff member
There has been a change recently to the Moderation Staff on Polyamory.com.

AutumnalTone has left his position as a mod on the forum. The mod staff now consists of:
RedPepper
ImaginaryIllusion

AutumnalTone has been an active and steady moderator since the inception of this forum, volunteering his time to ensure the forum met it's mandate. The user guidelines meant to steer the community to a productive and safe discussion space for Polyamory are entirely his creation. Polyamory.com has the utmost respect for AT and we're very grateful the service he has provided to the forum community for the past 4 years. Thank-you AT.

Thanks AT, you will be missed. I relied on your point of view when making decisions on forum policy and procedure. I have the utmost respect for you and wish you all the best in whatever you do now. *hugs*

AT,

I've appreciated all the hard work and time you out into this board to make it a lively and productive space for poly discussions. Thank you!

opalescent

The toughest moderating job there is

has got to be moderating poly forums. I don't think there is a subject that people discuss that even comes near this level of being complicated, not even politics or religion. The world doesn't force political parties to go underground, society doesn't actively and unjustly persecute any other group like it does to those of non-traditional relationships.

It's not easy to tell who is sincerely trying to help from those whom are insincere and attempting to sabotage or maybe some crazy jealous ex. I often used to think I was treated shitty by the poly community, but it was because I never realized how hard it can be sorting things out.

I put AT in a shitty position where she or he had to moderate one of my posts, and I am sorry for putting AT in that position, I think anyone who mods a forum deserves to be recognized for the service the provided. I appreciate the work done by all of you.

thank you

has got to be moderating poly forums. I don't think there is a subject that people discuss that even comes near this level of being complicated, not even politics or religion. The world doesn't force political parties to go underground, society doesn't actively and unjustly persecute any other group like it does to those of non-traditional relationships.

Wow, really? You might want to check your privilege.

Looked in on any of the active dictatorships lately? Political rebels are not only forced underground, they're hunted down and slaughtered.

Religious groups have been killing one another since the second human conceived of a god. Ever heard of a little place called Israel?

All over the world, people are routinely persecuted against for being the wrong colour, having the wrong genetalia, or being born on the wrong side of the border. Attempts to change these status quos are frequently met with violent opposition. These people would give their right arms to have lives that were merely "complicated."

But you know, if you think you've got it so rough over there in your American living room, feeling persecuted through your uncensored laptop, free to speak your mind without fear of State Police breaking down your door and throwing you in a concrete hole, who am I to deny your perceived injustice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back