Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Default Just a hello and thanks for having me!

Hi friends,

I am a lady turning 30 this October and just starting to really find my truth! It feels great to share my feelings about love, intimacy and sexuality with like minded people. I am a Scorpio, healer, teacher, musician and truly a lover of all. I see the best and believe we all have light and dark within making the journey beautifully complex.

I am newly self proclaimed as poly as I have battled my way through many monogamous relationships and discovering myself. I have always been a faithful partner but too often felt owned. Many men and woman felt jealous of my time spent with others, always suspicious. I know to some outsiders I seem like a flirtatious person with no regard for people's situations. I enjoy connections, very simply stated, just that.

There are many things I am not, just so happens that monogamous is something I am not either. I have cheated in the past but I don't like how that feels. If cheating came up, I would confess and move on. Honesty, openness and trust are the key to a successful relationship of any kind.

I appreciate everyone here sharing in stories and support of a lifestyle that is so misunderstood. I look forward to the support and companionship!

Nice to meet you!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:29 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Pleasure to meet you and welcome, welcome, welcome.

I hope that you find the forum useful, and that you feel right at home. We have all walked different paths and continue to do so, but I am sure someone has been where you are. We are here to offer support, give advice, and understand each other in a way that society never will.

I wish you well in your journey of discovering who you are and what you want now. You know that being mono is not for you, and that is an excellent starting point. I hope all is well your way.

-Ry
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM

Hello Hello... From a fellow Scorpio...

You'll find all kinds of support and alot of information here...

Nancy
Old 04-12-2013, 06:21 PM

Default Hello!

Hi FreeLoveDove!

I am Jim
I think knowing what we are and that we aren't the only ones is a tremendous relief! I feel much the same as you expressed above. Its a pleasure to meet you.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Hello freelovedove
Welcome to the community and best wishes on your journeys.
I am quite sure that you will find that everyone here is more than willing to offer advice, stories, their experiences.
All the best

M
Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Official Greeter

Ha,

Welcome FreeLoveDove, from yet another Scorpio. I hope you will enjoy your time on our site and make many friends, etc.

You are lucky to be knowing yourself so well at 30. I remember when I was 30, I was at the beginning of a very long and difficult journey that would be filled with drama, upset, and heavy-duty life changes. It has taken me well over 15 years to get to a point of some stability.

I still respect monogamy and many of its practitioners, but I'm also struck by how easy and natural polyamory feels (once everyone finally gets each other's quirks figured out!). It's too bad more people don't realize that poly is an option.

Well, I'm starting to ramble. Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you aboard, and send you my positive energy and well wishes and all of that.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.