Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 01:26 AM

Default 4th of July Holiday.

I know that this mainly is a concern with the folks from the U.S. but my lady an I were wondering what everyone was planning for the 4th of July holiday?

So far we are just planning to have a few friends over for a BBQ, let the kids play and then maybe, hopefully go see some fireworks.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:55 AM

We Canadians celebrate our confederation on the same weekend I'm headed to a birthday party & hope to meet up with some family from out of town.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:31 AM

I'm taking advantage of the long weekend (and not having practice) to take my kids out of town to visit my parents.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Weather depending I'll be heading to one of the local universities for their yearly celebration and fireworks. Breathes will probably be working as will Possibility so it will probably be just me.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:38 AM

I'm still on deployment halfway around the world. not really sure whats going to happen other than another 12 hour work shift. maybe we'll get some good food at the DFAC.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:53 AM

If anyone local wants to get together for a 4th of July grilling and fun let us know. Our place is pretty kid friendly. And our fireworks are not being banned this year due to the drought.

Yes a large part of Texas is under a fire ban and many cities and counties are not going to have fireworks this year due to the fact that we are a giant tinder box about to go up in flames.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:25 PM

About 4 years ago at a neighborhood party the men started talking about the up coming 4th holiday and suggested we go get some fire works...so me and another guy went to the local road side tent and spent a couple hundred dollars...... lit them off and madness was born. It very quickly grew and we now have permits and license's and close the street off .....it went from $200 to 2300. It went road side tent to out of state warehouse bunker. Last year we brought some of the young boys on the shopping trip ....we kept telling them to put that little crap back and think bigger ...it was really very funny to see the look on their faces .

So it turned into block party ....we roast a pig and a lamb ...one guy has a bounce house for the kids ....another has a pool.... I invite my employees so I cover most of the food /alcohol .... the guest list keeps growing every year...this year I extended an invite to the the local fire house ....l Kids love fire trucks..... might have to get a second pig. If I haven't singed hair on an arms or eye brows it not the 4th of July.

Have fun and be safe ...D
Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM

Make sure the people in charge of any fireworks know what they're doing and take safety precautions. Last year a woman in New York died because she bent down to look at the rocket that didn't go off.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me.
~Bryan Ferry
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
So it turned into block party ....we roast a pig and a lamb ...one guy has a bounce house for the kids ....another has a pool.... I invite my employees so I cover most of the food /alcohol .... the guest list keeps growing every year...this year I extended an invite to the the local fire house ....l Kids love fire trucks..... might have to get a second pig. If I haven't singed hair on an arms or eye brows it not the 4th of July.

Have fun and be safe ...D
WOW! Now we wish we could come to your party. We hope you have a really great time and take a lot of pictures.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 PM

We are having a BBQ at Runic Wolf's mother's house with his side of the family.

Tags
community, holidays