Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Site Usage > User Guidelines & Forum Features

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
I thought that was ok? Not exactly encouraged but tolerated?
Nope. Two people, two accounts. What I mean is when they each post in the first person using the same username, so you never know who's talking. It's tolerated when one person does all the talking for two people, but even that always makes you wonder what the other person is "really" saying.

Preferably, anyone who has something to say should create their own account. I never understand why that's so difficult for some people, it takes a whole 30 seconds. If you have time to form the thought and type it in a box, you have time to make your own account.

My dad and his girlfriend share an email address, it drives me absolutely crazy. His girlfriend told me that they had to put down their cat the other day, it sounded so "yeah whatever." I didn't realize it was her. She doesn't sign her emails. My dad usually does, but I didn't clue in. Then I get an email from my dad where he has to stop mid-way to go get a kleenex when he was talking about the cat. Obviously they had a bit of a different reaction.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 AM

We do have someone who mods us. The owner of this site.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 PM

WOW! I guess based on AT's rational, I need to leave this board and never post here again. I was seriously offended by what was posted on FOL's BLOG about the posting not being poly enough for this board. Seriously? Glad I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
after all i work at Harvard
Well, this explains a great deal

Last edited by SNeacail; 04-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Official Greeter

SNeacail, I agree with you that we should be careful not to make people feel left out (or not welcome) because they're "not poly enough." I guess to some people, that would taint the purity of our site to allow too much "non-poly-ness" aboard, but I figure anyone who participates here (other than spam artists) must at least have an interest in poly. Plus I personally feel that the blog section is like the fireplace board; it shouldn't be so strict that the subject matter be specifically poly and non-mono. Of course that's just an opinion of mine; I am not a mod and do not make the rules. But I sympathize with what you're saying.

As for mods having two roles (mod and member), what I've seen done on other sites is, the mod doesn't have two accounts, but xe prefaces hir messages with something like, "I am speaking as a mod," or, "I am speaking as a member." It always made things clear enough for me, though there were also times when they posted something very light and it seemed obvious they were posting just as a member.

I guess that's all I have to say for the moment.

Due regards,
Kevin T.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 AM

Exclamation Obe

While I appreciate everyone trying to maintain a courteous discourse on this topic and expressing their concern for the well-being of the forum and community here, this thread has been going on quite long enough given the guidelines for the site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Moderators will not be involved in public threads discussing infractions assigned, and any such threads will be removed as being off-topic. Questions regarding the guidelines can be raised on the site usage board, where the current guidelines are posted and all updated versions will also appear.
In addition to the above, I will also note that the issues presented here have been overtaken by events, so further debate on this is not required.

I'll be locking this thread. Any issues can be directed to me via PM.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Closed Thread