Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 08:27 PM

We had a good discussion about it last night and it seems that due to all his 'commitments' he isn't so flash hot on Christmas anyway,its primarily for the kids and I also encouraged him to catch up with his best mate whom he hardly sees.
We agreed that although it would be 'nice' to catch up,we would be doing that in January anyway!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:03 PM

Luckily I'm kinda pagan, so I see all the time between about Dec 20 and Jan 7 as the time of the solstice. Plenty of time in there for celebrating with any family group or individual (blood family or chosen family).

That said, if you're a secondary with no primary of your own, I can see how you could feel lonely and left out any time, but esp during the holidays...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Custodian

I usually feel relieved when I have no plans for the holidaze. But I am the first to admit that I have unusual preferences when it comes to certain things.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 AM

I've just sat down and written a blog on naigating the holidays,maybe I should take my own advice? lol Nevertheless although not 100% I'm alot happier than I was,thank you everyone!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:45 PM

Holiday times have always been a juggling challenge and that was before we added our partners into the mix. We have a 9 year old son and they have a 14 year old son, neither of which we feel the need to share anything more than the knowledge of our friendship with at this point in time. So they will be spending the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with their extended family and we will be spending it with ours. We are currently working on plans to have at least the husband over Christmas night for drinks with a mutual friend of ours who will be in town for one day only. My best advice is do whatever works best for everyone and make time for extra special celebrating with the ones you can't be with either before or after the "big day".