Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychronopolous View Post
^ That.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to accept who you are and what you want from life. To let mainstream society dictate whom, and how, you will love is to sell yourself short and possibly miss out on what could otherwise be an even more exceptional life than you might ever find.
This is so true. I found it to be so when I was dealing with my attraction to women and figuring out if I was lesbian or straight or bi. That was a heck of a journey and in the end I knew I just had to be me. But, I have kind of been like that most of my life. Ultimately, who gives a fuck what others think if I am happy? Oops, pardon my french!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:27 AM

Thanks, that is really sweet! You will definitely be hearing more from me on this site, I am very forward and not afraid to say what I think!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUncagedBird View Post
Thanks! I appreciate it. And I am feeling even more comfortable now that I have introduced myself and have been reading more threads! Life is crazy, isn't it? I never would have guessed that this is where I would be in a million years.
Hi OneUncagedBird,
I saw you posted on one of my threads recently. I didn't realize you were new on here, too. I never thought I'd find this forum or even put a name to my thoughts either. It all makes sense now. I'm learning and growing. I am in a situation where my husband now knows of how I feel but has asked that I not bring it up again, or we will face the Big D because he can never share himself with another woman. He refuses counseling and is avoiding the book study I've presented to him. I love him dearly, but this site is my outlet until I make future decisions.

I hope you find what you are looking for on this site.

Erin

Last edited by Erin; 12-01-2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-01-2010, 05:08 AM

I welcome you here. I'd say feel free to send a PM my way, but you seem to have already. ^_^ I hope the site is helpful for you as it was for me.
=]
Old 12-01-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
I hope the site is helpful for you as it was for me.
Somegeezer,
Has this forum helped you find love, advice, or other???

Last edited by Erin; 12-01-2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Somegeezer,
Has this forum helped you find love, advice, or other???
I've found some great advice and a lot of information on who I am and why I am polyamorous. The reasons I feel this way. I have also felt welcomed by others who share the same and similar feelings. =]
=]
Old 12-01-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
I've found some great advice and a lot of information on who I am and why I am polyamorous. The reasons I feel this way. I have also felt welcomed by others who share the same and similar feelings. =]
Getting to sneak my convos on this forum makes me feel not so alone in my thoughts.

It's 11:15 pm here in Illinois. What time is for you?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Getting to sneak my convos on this forum makes me feel not so alone in my thoughts.

It's 11:15 pm here in Illinois. What time is for you?
Ah, Illinois. I have a friend over there in a small town called Farmer City? Over here in snow-filled England, it is 05:18. A good 6 hours ahead. =]
=]
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Ah, Illinois. I have a friend over there in a small town called Farmer City? Over here in snow-filled England, it is 05:18. A good 6 hours ahead. =]
I have nooooo idea where Farmer City is, unless of course if that's a joke because we have soooo many corn fields! ha ha

We experienced our first snowfall of the season tonight... just in time to pull out my little Cmas tree

How can you still be awake at 5 am - unless of course if you don't have a job, are in college, or are getting ready for work! I'm ready to hit the hay (pun intended) soon myself ::yawns::
Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
I have nooooo idea where Farmer City is, unless of course if that's a joke because we have soooo many corn fields! ha ha

We experienced our first snowfall of the season tonight... just in time to pull out my little Cmas tree

How can you still be awake at 5 am - unless of course if you don't have a job, are in college, or are getting ready for work! I'm ready to hit the hay (pun intended) soon myself ::yawns::
No, it's definitely a real place, not so strangely, with a lot of crop harvest too, including corn. ^_^

First snowfall here was about a week ago. I can't rmemeber the last time it snowed in November. The first time it snowed on christmas in many years last year... and they say the world is getting warmer? Just take a look at this thick snow! >.<

As for being up at half 5 in the morning... I'm 18, no job, just left college and am just a night time person by nature. I generally sleep through the day. Even when I try to regulate my sleeping pattern like these regular humans, I still bounce right back to being awake through the night. It just suits me I guess.
=]