Here goes nothin....

OneUncagedBird

Alright, hello everyone. I joined this site after much speculation on my part, discussing what I really wanted in relationships with one of my very close friends and being absolutely drawn to the idea of having more than one intimate relationship at a time. The thought of casual random sex just doesn't do it for me. Friends with benefits never seems to work and I feel like I have to have a degree of trust with someone I am intimate with emotionally and sexually. I don't really know what I am asking, but after reading the threads on here I feel like I may have found a home for my desires and wants. I am a bi female, but don't want to be with just one person and don't really want to choose between being with a man or a woman. I am single right now. So, I guess I am putting myself out there and also wanting to figure out where do I go to find other people like me. That is all.

Do what i'm doing. Read the posts here, and eventually you'll find threads that'll point you to websites and groups where you can meet these people. Then, go meet em.
Best wishes!!

There might be a local poly group near you or in a neighboring city perhaps. Even if there is one that is far to travel to, go once. There is often people who are in the same boat or know someone in your area. Once you've found people, start a coffee group (or whatever you want to call it) and see where you get.

There is also on line groups, such as here. Many of us have been fortunate enough to meet in real life and some are even dating one another because of the time they have put in here. Through being here and elsewhere other people have been directed here to this site and other groups. It starts with small drops in the pan and eventually you have a whole bucket of water, just start somewhere and give it time.

Cool....

Cool, those are all good ideas! Thanks. I will definitely be trying those out!:D

Alright, hello everyone. I joined this site after much speculation on my part, discussing what I really wanted in relationships with one of my very close friends and being absolutely drawn to the idea of having more than one intimate relationship at a time. The thought of casual random sex just doesn't do it for me. Friends with benefits never seems to work and I feel like I have to have a degree of trust with someone I am intimate with emotionally and sexually. I don't really know what I am asking, but after reading the threads on here I feel like I may have found a home for my desires and wants. I am a bi female, but don't want to be with just one person and don't really want to choose between being with a man or a woman. I am single right now. So, I guess I am putting myself out there and also wanting to figure out where do I go to find other people like me. That is all.

I did a google search & heres' what I came up with http://groups.yahoo.com/group/poly-austin/ . They meet once a week even!

I'm thinking of popping in for a coffee session in my neighbouring city, Manchester. Seems like a good way to meet people. But online, there seems to be a lot. I first found the term polyamory just googling around to find some info, but once I'd googled the actual term, I found a lot of interesting stuff, including this site. I'm also single and relatively new to all this, so hope to get on this new adventure side by side. =]

Next week, I'll be attending my first poly event - a holiday party being held by a local poly group. Someone told me they thought it a good idea that I'm going to a holiday party, because he thought I'd have the opportunity to meet lots of people without being too nervous, like in a pre-arranged one-on-one situation. So, I'm sure it will be festive with music, and fun stuff. In general, I think having a "theme" sometimes helps people break the ice with each other. At this time of year, perhaps there are similar opportunities where you folks are.

Hello...I am also in Austin and in same boat as you. May be start something here and get a small group together. Let me know. I am in DOwntown.

There's actually a pretty well-established community here in Austin, with discussion groups, a monthly "poly movie night", and weekly dinners.

Have a look at the poly-austin Yahoo! group.

I tried to search for the ploy-austin group in Yahoo roups and nothing comes up. May be the moderators do not allow searching for it and you are invited...please pass on the details how to join if you know

I tried to search for the ploy-austin group in Yahoo roups and nothing comes up.
It requires you to be a member... you can't access the calendar unless you are a member. We are looking into getting them a calendar going on polyeventsallover though. That way it would be public. :D

Back