Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post

That said-he has a lot of shit to work through. He is seeing it more, through his own eyes. He doesn't like what he see's, but my prayer is that he also see's the good side of what could be. It doesn't have to be the shithole he's used to.
Our family is always available to lend support to yours LR. Wish we could have another chat in person

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-28-2010, 03:59 AM

ME TOO!
I was supposed to buy tickets to Kauai for Maca and I for Xmas. But there were complications and I didn't get to.
So we've been looking at Washington/Canada again, but we haven't bought any yet.
Too much going on, too much stress.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Default Update

So,
Maca has met someone he's interested in having as a full-time girlfriend.

Now, he's interested in changing some of the "rules" and "boundaries" that were in place before. He says that he now understands how the limitations he put on GG and I were unfair, unreasonable and limited our ability to have a real relationship.

I'm glad he is seeing this. But I'm frustrated with wondering if he REALLY see's it, or if it's just a "well shit, those rules don't allow me to do what I want-so I'm going to have to change them to do what I want" situation..........
Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 AM

There really is only one way to know, Lover.

I cant make you believe me or trust my words but I can tell you that, having to face my own insecurities and fears has changed my prespective.
In the last few days, I have not only been at ease with you and GG but Ive not felt the instictive reaction of jealousy and fear. Thats not to say that I dont still have issues that I need to be mindful of and be in control of, but its alot easier now that I understand how my fears have been so limiting to your relationship with GG.
Even if things dont work out with R, Ive learned some things by being with her. Things that make me a better person.

Maca
Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 AM

This sounds mean....but I'm glad to see other cpls on here who are having issues....Other than my wife and myself.

I honestly hope everything works out for you guys Maca and LR and GG.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 AM

Maca-I love you.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
This sounds mean....but I'm glad to see other cpls on here who are having issues....Other than my wife and myself.

I honestly hope everything works out for you guys Maca and LR and GG.
I understand what you are saying. I think we'll get there. We've already made progress through SO MANY things together. It's just a matter of "sticking it out til you get there".

It's the significant difference between "forever" and FOREVER.
Our love is FOREVER.
So there isn't another option but to work it out or die trying.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Actually, it breaks my heart when I see people having issues. However, on the other hand, I find myself personally relating to something and I start thinking how can I change my behavior the next time I find myself in a similar situation with my husband. I end up saying to myself, "See, it doesn't have to be the end of the world. Stop over-reacting and find another approach to find a solution."

I am grateful for those who are willing to share their issues, because it does make me feel not so alone with my issues and give me alternate views that I would not have seen on my own.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post

I am grateful for those who are willing to share their issues, because it does make me feel not so alone with my issues and give me alternate views that I would not have seen on my own.
Uou put it so much better than me. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:15 AM

TL4- you're funny. I understand what you mean, though. It doesn't break my heart to read the issues in others' relationships because I accept it as a reality and, without issues, there is no growth, there is no mirror to evaluate self in, there is no light at the end of the tunnel... I look forward to all of those things. It's good to see people who are open enough to sharing the not so stellar parts of their relationships as well as the fantastic parts. For people who are curious, it shows everyone that, no matter the 'make-up' of a relationship, they all work the same in the end. Thanks for sharing, LR. I hope your Maca does honestly 'get it' and see versus desiring changes for selfish reasons. It could be a little of both but it's growth and it seems you are well-prepared to work through it.

Tags
being out, fair, limitations, physical affection