Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 02:56 PM

Default Nervous noob

Hi there! *waves shyly*

I'm a 26-year-old student, yoga enthusiast and an aspiring vegan. I am female and romantically attracted to both males and females, but currently identify as asexual. I think I am what they call 'polyflexible' in that I can flourish in mono and poly configurations alike. However, currently I, unlike most people here, have no partner, either mono or poly. Solo poly feels most comfortable to me at this moment in time.

I am quite lonely, since all my good friends have moved away in recent years. I hope, even more than to find a partner(s), to find some new friends in my area. I definitely need to get out more. I'm going to a poly meetup next week, so that should be a start.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:13 PM

Hi there. Welcome. You have come to the right place. Where are you from? There are certain areas that are more poly friendly than others. I happen to live in a very sparse poly friendly area, so its good that there is a poly friendly meetup where you are.

Everyone here is friendly and helpful. I am new as well and have found many people went through the same things as I am/was. So the information here was invaluable.

-J
Old 04-16-2015, 09:25 PM

The meetup.com website might be a good place to find interesting groups of people. So far all the *close* friends I've made since my last big move I've come across via meetup gatherings.

I imagine the local poly group is a good place to check out. In my experience poly people are more likely to be friendly and accepting than average. Quite a bit more, actually.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:42 AM

Thanks for all the input!

I live in a medium-sized town, and I've heard that the local poly get-together attracts anywhere from 5-15 people. I also am looking into possible asexual meetups in the area.

I've also thought about beginning new or resuming old hobbies as a way to meet new people. I just signed up for meetup.com but it looks like it's quite quiet in my town.

Last edited by Shanti; 04-17-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Shanti,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Glad to hear you have a poly meetup to attend. That will help with your loneliness. Of course you can also enjoy virtual company right here ... post and send private messages and whatnot ... lots of good people here and you can make lots of good friends.

We have a few asexual members here and there and you may run into them. It's good anytime we have an asexual member as it's exposure to an orientation on which many of us (such as myself) could use more education.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!