Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

You know... I hope I am not wrong in saying this, but goodness G and H are being extremely irresponsible. You were alone with four children--three of whom belong to you, and you know what? You have every right to be tired. Pregnancy wears you out, and you are almost in the home stretch. You have a lot on your plate right now, and the last thing you need is two inconsiderate parties. There are already cramped quarters, so tensions are high. You are probably hormonal, adjusting to a new arrangement, and feeling like they are not helping you at all. The least they can do is practice safe sex and slow down. Pregnancy can be prevented, but if they are not doing their part to prevent it, that is being careless, irresponsible, and pretty inconsiderate for all involved. I suppose they will expect you to tend to the little darling while they go to work, too. I hope for their sake they are not trying to procreate and expecting that. And Kevin is most definitely right. "I could not help it" is a poor excuse. Only you can decide what is the best thing for you and your children. The ones here and the little one still growing in your womb. No one deserves to be stress-ridden and worried about all of this. Do you have any time to yourself where you can breathe and relax? You mentioned that your youngest is two, and the terrible two's will keep you running and on your toes. How old are the other two children?

I wish you good luck with the conversation tonight. Writing down your thoughts is a good place to start. You cannot control how other's react to what you say, but this is a conversation that desperately needs to be had.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
I think we can all validate the OP to the effect that this is NOT "pregnant irrationality". It is VERY RATIONAL what she's thinking, whether pregnant or not.
I know what I said, I was talking about the ability to keep ones head when severely tested and I was referring to the conversation tonight. As a hormonal woman myself and having recently to deal with a great amount of poly relationship stress there is no one that can relate to the OP better than I can at the moment.....just because it may seem that I am being fatalistic, does not mean I don't empathise.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
I know what I said, I was talking about the ability to keep ones head when severely tested and I was referring to the conversation tonight. As a hormonal woman myself and having recently to deal with a great amount of poly relationship stress there is no one that can relate to the OP better than I can at the moment.....just because it may seem that I am being fatalistic, does not mean I don't empathise.
Chill out, I was agreeing with you. Tell your hormones to take a pill.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
Chill out, I was agreeing with you. Tell your hormones to take a pill.
Maybe in a few months!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 PM

Thanks guys. It helps not to feel so alone. And BG, 'helpless' I think perfectly describes where I am at right now emotionally. That's what this feeling is and why I keep freaking put. There is little I can do and I'm so frustrated.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
Maybe in a few months!
easier said than done, huh? LOL
Old 03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleboots View Post
Thanks guys. It helps not to feel so alone. And BG, 'helpless' I think perfectly describes where I am at right now emotionally. That's what this feeling is and why I keep freaking put. There is little I can do and I'm so frustrated.
Aw shit, I was referring to the babies, but yeah you too
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Official Greeter

Re (from FullofLove1052, Post #31):
Quote:
"You know ... I hope I am not wrong in saying this, but goodness G and H are being extremely irresponsible."
Sounds accurate to me.

Re (from purpleboots, Post #23):
Quote:
"She wants his babies."
And is she going to take responsibility for the care of those babies? If not, then I think you're within your rights to suggest ECP.

Re (from Post #25):
Quote:
"And when the NRE ends is their relationship strong enough to withstand parenting at all, let alone parenting such an unconventional blended family?"
Well-stated ...

Good idea about writing stuff down, and taking those deep breaths. Sorry things have gotten so messed up; hope your talk tonight goes relatively well.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
You are probably hormonal, adjusting to a new arrangement, and feeling like they are not helping you at all. The least they can do is practice safe sex and slow down.
:
THIS. yes.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Banned

It sounds like G or H ( whichever one of those letters is the woman) might be trying to "catch up" to purple and establish herself as a babbymomma. That way she's "equal" with purple. Of course i have no proof of this conjecture, but it's been known to happen. Women get knocked-up all the time to try to keep a man, and men impregnate women all the time to try to keep them around and put up with their bullshit. Women think the man will "change" for them, and men think the women will put out with sex and housekeeping in exchange for that almighty sperm donation.

Tags
jealousy, new relationship energy, triad