Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Post Polycurious Brooklyn Girl Wants 2 Boyfriends

Hey, I'm 29 and live in Brooklyn. I am so curious about polyamory because I want to go beyond an MMF threesome experience and into like, romantic territory with two dudes. I figured this is a good place to start getting info on the logistics of something like that.

Maybe logistics is the wrong word, but yeah here I am, being open about my ideal relationship setup. Haha.

As a young girl I was always boy crazy. Then unbeknownst to me I developed feelings for my female best friend in High School. It wasn't until I did a three week long Young Writers' Workshop in the Berkshires that I hooked up with an aggressive chick and realized I was queer. I went back home and told her, she dumped me as a friend, and I developed a crush on another female friend who was actually down to experiment. I was 17 and she was 16. For the next few years while we were in college, we were involved in a long-distance, top-secret unofficial relationship in which she maintained she was straight and NOT my girlfriend, but I was head over twat in love with her. She wouldnt even go into sex territory with me for a few years. So our relationship was somewhat open and on again/off again, and I started having sex with men at my liberal arts school whenever we were off.

By the time she finally laid me and admitted she was my girlfriend, she still didn't want to be as open as I did, or have public displays of affection. It was frustrating, like.....the difference in emotional investment. I was also developing feelings for different dudes. I did cheat on her a few times with different guys and she always found out, through my own negligence to conceal information or through the grapevine. She grew extremely resentful of me and treated me terribly and we had a lot of anger toward each other.

When I was 24 I broke it off for good and she tried to ruin me, like, slander my name, like she barfed black blood of revenge on my life and moved to Oregon.

Since then I've tried to hack it with men, but all I've done is racked up a bunch of casual sex partners. I did have some steady situations here and there, but I wouldn't let those dudes call me their girlfriend because I was kind of commitment-fearing and drug-addled and afraid of intimacy.

So here I am 29 years old never having had a serious boyfriend.

I want a serious boyfriend, but yo, actually no, I want TWO. Fuck. Who says I can't have it all? I want two goddamn boyfriends who are not only aware of each other, but who will cuddle me in a bed from both sides, and are hopefully bicurious and willing to hook up with each other, but never to the exclusion of me.

Is that too much to ask? Am I being unrealistic? If I am, I'll settle for one boyfriend, but ideally there'd be two. And they'd be blond. Twinks.

LOL.

Nice to meet y'all.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings glitteryc00kie,
Welcome to our forum.

Yes, many things are possible outside the realm of monogamy. I myself am in an MFM configuration, and I'm doin' fine.

Just out of curiosity, are you still interested in romantic relationships with other women? If so, maybe you will end up in an MFMF configuration (or something on that order).

The main thing to remember is that people have a way of being unique and unpredictable. So I think you will eventually be in a scenario that you find to be wonderful and fulfilling, even if it surprises you in some way.

You're looking into the world of polyamory, and it's a wide, wide world, with so many possibilities. Have patience, learn all you can, and be yourself.

I hope you'll enjoy our site; we've got lots of cool threads to read, and I'm sure you'll have things to post as well.

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Is that too much to ask? Am I being unrealistic? If I am, I'll settle for one boyfriend, but ideally there'd be two. And they'd be blond. Twinks.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the club, drinks half-priced after ten and ladies get in for free with a friend.

No, not unrealistic at all. But I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else that I see get that little twinkle in their eyes when entertaining the concept of multiple lovers; master ONE first, THEN add more.

If your relationship skills suck (not saying they do) then adding more people is not a solution. Try for a steady and functioning relationship with one guy for a while, letting him know that you've got poly on the brain, and once you've got a good grip on that then I'd suggest grabbing a few more.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 03-09-2013, 11:40 AM

Eeeeeeasy, don't get your dander up there dude, seems you've got a bee in your bonnet, well forgive me my pipe dream etc etc.

Damn those noobs, huh? All awkwardly introducing themselves in the introductions part of the forum because simply writing this shit out helps them shoot for the moon and whatnot, no pun intended. mais tu veux trôler so no dinner for you, dear guest.

Last edited by glitteryc00kie; 03-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitteryc00kie View Post
I want two goddamn boyfriends who are not only aware of each other, but who will cuddle me in a bed from both sides...

Is that too much to ask? Am I being unrealistic?
This is exactly how I woke up this morning! (Actually, this is how I wake up most mornings ) So, I can tell you that it is at least possible.

Jane("Loves-the-Middle-Cuddles")Q
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 AM

Yeah, it's possible. Just keep trying. Hope it happens for you.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitteryc00kie View Post
Eeeeeeasy, don't get your dander up there dude, seems you've got a bee in your bonnet, well forgive me my pipe dream etc etc.

Damn those noobs, huh? All awkwardly introducing themselves in the introductions part of the forum because simply writing this shit out helps them shoot for the moon and whatnot, no pun intended. mais tu veux trôler so no dinner for you, dear guest.
My dander is down like downtown, my bonnet has been bee-free since 1839, and I dont allow wind instruments in my dreams XD

I'm seriously not trying to rip on or discourage you and nothing I wrote was mean-spirited in the least. Being the office dickhead is kinda my thing. My advice still stands though.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."

Tags
boyfriends, brooklyn, mmf, newbie, twentysomething