Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Malfunktions,
I do enjoy astrology and have actually been thinking a lot about the sign of Aquarius lately since I've recently gotten involved with a man who is not just Sun, but also Moon, Mars and Venus in Aquarius. I thought an Aquarius would be perfect for me since I am Leo rising, however, I am more challenged by this sign than I expected...

You can definitely find lots written on the internet that is of little or no value and perhaps, as was suggested, even just inflammatory reactions of someone dealing with a very specific situation. It is all just a jumping off point if you ask me.

I always like to consider both sides of the opposition when trying to understand any sign. For Aquarius, that is Leo. When I think of the Leo/Aquarius opposition I think of that old saying, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?" ... Leo is ruled by the Sun and represents our vital, creative energy. Our Ego and how we define ourselves as unique. Think of Leo as the performer on a stage and Aquarius as the audience. If a Leo takes to the stage and there is no audience to perform for is she still a performer? The traditional ruler of Aquarius was Saturn, which represents the structure and constriction of physical matter, time and space. So this polarity is about giving form to our individuality. With out the contrast of others, our individuality becomes meaningless.

Aquarius usually has many friends and I think this is because they enjoy the unique, vital energy of many individuals.

That is a jumping off point.

The quality of Aquarius that I've been pondering in regard to my friend, is the strong need for personal freedom and autonomy. Aquarius is said to seek groups and community to be part of and causes to fight for. This frees them from the constrictive structure of coupledom I think. Also, protecting the heart might be part of that endeavor as well. I think Aquarius seeks to maintain a level of emotional detachment because they feel the pull of emotions to be a restriction on their free will and autonomy. When they are at the mercy of love they no longer feel free to come and go with the freedom they please.

Everyone is more than their sun sign and every sign is multi-dimensional.
I would love to hear if any of what I've written resonates with you. I use astrology as a way to name the parts of myself and others, to find acceptance and to challenge my own habits and responses. Obviously, I could go on for a while. I will stop now.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM

In any classification (of anything), one must have enough categories to account for most of the differences, but not so many categories that the classifications become useless. Meyers Briggs has 16, which is four more than basic astrology, but certainly small enough to handle.

I was delighted when I discovered (in my twenties) that your sun sign is only a small part of the story. Maybe the largest influence, but maybe not. Me, I am a double libra with a saggitarius moon. [I think I have like one planet in earth, everything in my chart is air)(libra is cardinal air, the airiest of air, and I have two of 'em] I announced this to a new age therapy/worker I had just met (in the middle of a session) and she pronounced, 'oh, that's why you're so mouthy.' I laughed (and, discounted most of the rest of what she said) because I had a very comfortable degree of certainty that NO one who knew me would ever use the adjective 'mouthy' to describe ME.

But when I was reading the Libra book that told of all the combinations with moons and risings that the description of me was far more accurate than any simple sun sign description I had ever read.

(yah, opalescent, experimenting! )

I am very fond of Breszny's fr33will astrology, as it's far more imaginative and provides more useful things to think about than most common presentations of astrology.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Libra, mouthy? Never! Mouthy sounds like fire to me, not air. Air is too busy contemplating and Libra is too worried about how the words will sound coming out of the mouth. I have Mars in Saggitarius and that is something I can attribute a little mouthiness to! Luckily my impulse to blurt out the harsh truth is usually tempered by my Libran diplomacy... usually.

Rob Brezny is a breath of challenging, fresh air, he is very good at turning ideas on their head.

(Sun, Pluto conjunction in Libra, Moon in Aquarius, Venus in Virgo, Leo rising).
Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
The only thing that's ever stood out as a hit for me in astrology is the idea that a Scorpio is vengeful and slow to forgive. I am a Scorpio, and I sadly have a history of not forgiving when it's time to forgive and move on. [shudder] Had a nightmare about that about a week ago; it really forced me to remind myself to try (even more) to not be like that.
*sigh* I know this all too well. I have far too many Scorpios in my life and I have experienced their inability to forgive first hand.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Official Greeter

[nods in acknowledgement]
Old 03-14-2013, 03:38 PM

Surprisingly, C is a Leo and after 6 years we are still as different today as we were then. I find it sometimes hard to connect to him on an intellectual basis because I like science in a "that's cool" kind of way, whereas he likes science in a "this makes that and here we find this and tiny particles explain this."
A lot of it is jibbity jabber to me lol!

I have been told that some signs find Aquarians cold, a few times by gemini's. I don't think I am but I do find that I move on faster than any human should. Also thought my detached reactions to death, break ups and suffering made me impenetrable but now I'm starting to see that maybe I'm a little bit of a sociopath. I love, don't get me wrong, but I love selfishly. If its not working for me or I'm not being captivated then I lose interest and move on. My Leo has been able to keep me focused for the most part but we also have two boys and I seem to be placated by cuddles.

Quote:
If any sign is likely to wear a tinfoil hat and wait for the mother ship, it is Aquarius woman. She can suffer from escapist fantasies and exhibit deviant behavior.
Source:www.tumblr.com/tagged/aquarius%20female

LOL yea. Sometimes I'm not too sure I didn't come FROM the mother ship.

I am a Sagitarrius rising and really? Talk about solidifying the individuality. I'm also a Lunar Taurean meaning I hate being pushed which is very true but I find myself conflicted between what I want to do and what needs to be done. I hate HAVING to do something. I HATE to do lists but I'm driven to make them.

All in all, I'm a conundrum in its entirety, and counter act myself constantly.

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:35 AM

Default Astrology

Astrology is the belief that 1/12th of the entire population of the earth are exactly the same and are having the same type of day too
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 AM

Default Astrology

Astrology is the belief that 1/12th of the entire population of the earth are exactly the same and are having the same type of day too
Old 03-17-2013, 09:42 AM

Did you read the whole thread Brad? Especially the bit where there is more to Astrology than the 12 sun signs???

No, thought not....
Old 03-19-2013, 01:18 PM

Default 16- the magic number

I agree Natja. I follow the Meyers Briggs system if 16 cause its a broader pool. Leaves more to the populace to be individual within their individual signs. even tho I don't directly make decisions about love and life based on my astrology I find it fascinatingly accurate sometimes.

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.

Tags
aquarius, astrology, polyamory, slut