Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 PM

Default Poly documentary airs 3/5 on Oprah Winfrey Network

Lisa Ling hosts an hour segment on polyamory.

http://polyinthemedia.blogspot.com/2...edium=facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 04:30 PM

Let's hope this is a balanced show that doesn't show us as just a bunch of sex crazed animals. We are a community capable of so much love. I would love to see that shown.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM

If all shows on Polyamory keep using the title "I love you and you and you" it's going to become pretty confusing trying to differentiate between them.

They could have checked that the name wasn't taken.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:01 PM

So true!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
If all shows on Polyamory keep using the title "I love you and you and you" it's going to become pretty confusing trying to differentiate between them.
In the words of Tom Araya, lead singer for Slayer, "It's a great fuckin' title."
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 AM

Soo, did anyone see thus documentary last night? Any thoughts? My wife recorded it and we will be watching it together this weekend. Would live to hear any input from those who saw it. I will post my thoughts after we watch it.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM

No cable so also very curious how it was.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM

We watched it. It was a good overview, as good as could have been done in an hour show I think. Very little time spent on the private sexual aspect of it and much more on the development of new relationships and the different configurations and really in family. One part showed a 16 year old child expounding the blessings of poly lifestyle and how it has been a positive thing growing up in this type environment. That was a great thing to hear and relay. i wish they would continue this series meeting other poly couples around the country. It was very informative. We asked the people who we are out to, to watch it, the ones who did have stated they were interested and informed and would do some more reading on the subject. We have to remember that it was not designed for us who know about poly but for those who know nothing about poly to get a brief education about it.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM

We finally watched the show last night and really enjoyed all aspects of it. It actually got us to have some conversation on different topics the people in the show touched on, so that was very good.
The first triad introduced, the woman, her husband and her boyfriend is the perfect situation my wife would ultimately like to have. All 3 of us under the same roof living happily together. Time will tell.
But overall we thought it was a good documentary and not focused so much on over-sexed people...Was a nice change!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 PM

I thought it was extremely well-done.
Poly in the Media (polyinthemedia.blogspot.com) has some reviews and clips and you can see how good it is.
Also found a 3 minute clip that was cut from the final edit, that you can see online: http://on.aol.com/video/polyamory--o...ners-517689833

I highly recommend it all.

In North Carolina? Check out: facebook.com/ncPoly
In Raleigh/Durham? Check out www.meetup.com/TrianglePolyamory