Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 AM

Unhappy To Vent

I don't expect anyone to find this interesting...I just need a place to vent.
I am freakin miserable right now because my couple is in the States without me and I'm at home. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal...I like alone time...but I don't like the town I live in right now, for a few reasons...My trust in people was majorly betrayed a few months back so I have few friends that I can be seen in public with. Even when my couple is here, I can't really be seen with them. Work isn't busy right now because I'm getting ready to move. And what's bothering me the most is I'm just not hearing very much from H & B. More from H, very little from B. I've barely talked to him since he left. I already have issues because I feel secondary much of the time because I'm so limited on when/where I can see them. They say it's nothing to worry about because they're usually just doing boring stuff....but they get to do that boring stuff TOGETHER, without me. Now they're home and granted, I know B needs this to set up his career when he gets back to the US. But when I was home, I e-mailed or texted them whenever I could...just not feeling like I'm getting that back right now. I have 2 and a half more weeks of this...usually that amount of time doesn't bother me...I've had to go much longer without seeing an SO...but I just freakin hate any form of long distance. This makes me nervous because we're planning on doing next year LD...me in Korea, them in Japan...it's at least the same time zone but it's still gonna be probably a month or more in between each visit...I'm just not happy at all right now.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 AM

Hello and welcome pancake

I understand from your post that you aren't happy and wonder why you are staying in a situation that obviously is working for you very well?
Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 AM

Default Temporary

Sigh...because this right now is temporary. Everything that I'm unhappy with right now is temporary...it's just a longer temporary than this unbelievably inpatient kid (me) likes to deal with. I was incredibly happy with everything before and during my vacation...their vacation is a work vacation so it's different...I'm just not dealing well with it. 14 hours is a large, large time difference!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 PM

I bet it it is the time difference which is causing the lack of communication. That is a 180 degree time shift. When they are awake you are asleep and vice versa.
Not sure if it may help in the short term but it may be an interesting idea to start a diary of your thoughts and feelings throughout the days while they are gone? Treat it as an intellectual excercise. Later you can examine and analyse your writings. It might be useful to you later on during the Korea/Japan thing.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:04 AM

If nothing else its a big part of it! He's tattooing and meeting a lot of new people so I know that's where his focus is. H is trying to talk to me as much as she can, I'm just greedy. It's going really well for him and I'm really glad it is! It's just hard to actually be happy about it when I can't be there. Journaling isn't a bad idea...I do it frequently anyways.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:56 AM

Yeah, distance sounds hard. A month after O and I started dating, I had to go away for a month and I missed him (and A) a lot! I think I had a harder time of it since I was visiting my parents and things are a bit rocky there. I'm not sure I could handle an LDR longterm even if it was temporary. You sound like you're doing what you can to work it out though. I hope that you can find a happy balance whatever that ends up being.

Last edited by ray; 10-23-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:49 AM

It does. I've had to do distance more than I care to because of my job.
That sounds like it was hard times...hopefully it's better now! When I went home it was easy and happy and I was around people I loved so two weeks apart went quick! Stuck here on my own, three weeks seems like FOREVER. I'm a little better today but still blah. H just e-mailed to tell me they're going to a haunted house and I about fell apart...Halloween is my absolute favorite and I'm not there!!! Thanks Ray...I'm sure we'll figure it out...
Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 AM

I learned that I should never take such long trips home again. Still trying to figure out what to do about the holidays. I'm sorry that you don't get to do halloween stuff with them. So will you guys all be together for awhile again in three weeks?
Old 10-23-2010, 05:29 AM

LOL...true! The problem with short trips home for me is it takes a day or two of traveling to get home right now!!!
Aw, thanks. I got to do some Halloween stuff when I was home, but it was still early October...and they weren't there, of course. Definitely not ready to be out about this with the fam. They actually wanted me to come with them on this trip but the timing clashed with all the stuff I got goin on at work.
4 weeks...not long enough!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 05:01 AM

We're on day 5...this still absolutely blows