Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Meetings and Events

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
Yep, true Ari.
But same issue in general - at least as I last understood it. The incoming 'ring' comes to your computer - so still tethered/dependent.
Unless................
I know there are also 'Skype' IP phones and last I looked the prices weren't astronomical but still beyond maybe what a lot of people are willing to cough up.
There was for a time a cost effective skype phone for 90$. I wish I could remember the manufacturer. Connected on 802.11 a/b/g so it is pretty universal.

Quote:
The whole VOIP thing is still evolving and is likely where we'll all end up before long. Good bye to landlines - which I have a lot of mixed feeling about. If you look back, the good old phone system has probably been the most trusted & reliable piece of technology invented since the wheel

GS
Agreed, people don't realize how old and how stable phone systems are. I can still install an old qnix from the 80's and have it running for a small office AND stable within a few minutes. Voip is not that simple or even in the same league for call quality. Sometimes progression happens before what we are progressing too is perfected.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:47 AM

I go to Missouri State University.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:41 AM

I love Skype as I have an iMac. I wonder if group chats are allowed. I heard there is a website designed to pull into any Skype user across the entire world. If you don't like what you see, you click "next". I'll have to try that soon
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 AM

Default Skype

I love Skype. I heard about a website/Skype feature (not sure which) that lets you flip between all users currently on Skype throughout the world. Some are preverted but others are simply on to meet random people through internet chat. I will try this soon! my friends talked with a very nice couple from Australia.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:41 AM

Red face Oops!

Araikas:
I am testing out these buttons and may have ACCIDENTALLY put an angry face at the end of your post. Not totally sure. Please forgive me!! I was trying to delete my first post but then the screen got messed up on my iPhone. I'm sorry!