Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 01:01 AM

Default In the classic style of AA meetings everywhere

I'm Karen. I'm in a steady relationship right now working towards starting a poly household...which seems to be beginning to resemble a commune. My guy's a biker, a serial monogamist until he wasn't anymore and I'm proud to say that I started out polyamorous, never tried anything else and it worked out pretty damn well for me.

I'm not open-minded enough to be pansexual but I'm close enough that there's no better word. I work where and when I can find it, slowly working on entering the mental health field after endless exams, alphabet soup and far, far too many people overly concerned with my income.

I/we are actively, publicly and most emphatically involved in BDSM...But I try not to brag. I got pointed here by a stray Okcupid post.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:13 AM

I loooveee OKCupid. Welcome, Karen.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM

I dislike OKC. As a guy, it sucks. As a girl (my wife's experience) it is great.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 PM

@TL4- It's too bad you haven't had any good experiences on there. I don't agree that it sucks for guys. I mean, I met my only local guy friend on OKc last summer and I met my current male/female partner on OKc (plus I have met some cool guys for hanging out on there over the last two years) and they both (males) initiated the dialogue. My local guy friend is like an OKc pimp. He is always going out with chicks from the site. So...maybe you should offer some bloodletting or a spanking or something. :P
Old 10-29-2010, 09:25 PM

Welcome to the forums

hehe...okc does generally suck if you are a guy. you can find endless complaints about how horrible it is if you aren't a woman ..its a long standing argument.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklctc View Post
@TL4- It's too bad you haven't had any good experiences on there. I don't agree that it sucks for guys. I mean, I met my only local guy friend on OKc last summer and I met my current male/female partner on OKc (plus I have met some cool guys for hanging out on there over the last two years) and they both (males) initiated the dialogue. My local guy friend is like an OKc pimp. He is always going out with chicks from the site. So...maybe you should offer some bloodletting or a spanking or something. :P
As a 100% straight male, for me....it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Welcome to the forums

hehe...okc does generally suck if you are a guy. you can find endless complaints about how horrible it is if you aren't a woman ..its a long standing argument.
I had no idea it was an "argument". LOL I just chalked it up as guys and girls. Any time there is a place for guys to meet girls, it turns into a sausage fest, unless regulated. (which is next to impossible on OKC. It is also why my wife and I are trying to develop a poly site which is going to be set up to have "couple" profiles in addition to "single" profiles.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:51 PM

In the classic style of AA meetings everywhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamuse View Post
I'm Karen.
Hi, Karen.