Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Official Greeter

Me and the other "arm of the V" guy watched a show yesterday about D/s (well somewhat about S/m). It was an interesting show, we are somewhat uninformed about the whole BDSM concept, but it was nice to hear some interviews and get some glimpses of what professional dominatrixes do. Huh.

I guess it amazes me sometimes how very unique different individuals are. It was also interesting to hear one of the dominatrixes talk about how draining their job can be, as how can one know exactly what way one's client wants to be dominated?

Cool, interesting stuff.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post

Me and the other "arm of the V" guy watched a show yesterday about D/s (well somewhat about S/m). It was an interesting show, we are somewhat uninformed about the whole BDSM concept, but it was nice to hear some interviews and get some glimpses of what professional dominatrixes do. Huh.

I guess it amazes me sometimes how very unique different individuals are. It was also interesting to hear one of the dominatrixes talk about how draining their job can be, as how can one know exactly what way one's client wants to be dominated?

Cool, interesting stuff.

It is so interesting. Like a whole new world to discover.

Yes, I think it would be very energy-demanding being a Dom, at least a good one, because you are giving so much attention to learning your sub. I fully appreciate that and am amazed by it>that anyone would want to know me that well.

I could see a place for it professionally. But that really isn't my style, either way.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:36 PM

Aphrodite, you seem to be looking for a monogamous D/s relationship. Since this is a board for polyamouous people, perhaps you'd be better served looking around Fetlife. There are hundreds of fora for chatting there about every aspect of BDSM, and every other fetish and perversion you can think of... perhaps pedophilia and snuff are the only fetishes not allowed to be publicly discussed there.

I am a switch and I know for a fact subs outnumber Doms about 100 to 1. It's much easier to sub than Dom, even though it may seem like more work and more pain. Domming/taking charge takes a lot of energy and thought, care and sensitivity. subbing is just doing as one is told. Easy!

Domming comes naturally to me, I am a born leader. I am good at it. Subbing is more fun and relaxing! Luckily I've got 2 switchy lovers.

Paid "Dominatrixes" are not true Dommes since they are merely fulfilling the fetishes of their customers.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 02-16-2013, 08:42 PM

FetLife was kinda scary, they seemed very unfriendly to vanilla people.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
FetLife was kinda scary, they seemed very unfriendly to vanilla people.
Well, it's a board for perverts. I do not find it scary at all. Quite friendly and fun.

The OP does not seem vanilla so I do not get your point.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM

I happen to be poly, within limits, which I've elaborated on in another thread I started.

Not interested in Fetlife at this time, though thank you for suggesting it.

I'm not really vanilla, fwiw. I'm more like chocolate raspberry truffle. With rainbow sprinkles.

Yeah.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Well, it's a board for perverts. I do not find it scary at all. Quite friendly and fun.

The OP does not seem vanilla so I do not get your point.
Relating my own experience with FetLife. I'm (relatively) vanilla.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
I happen to be poly, within limits, which I've elaborated on in another thread I started.

Not interested in Fetlife at this time, though thank you for suggesting it.
OK, I read your other thread.

To find a Master, I am not sure why you wouldnt try "Facebook for kinky people," aka Fetlife. Or collarme.com. That's another place full of eager so-called Doms. Maybe you'd find a good one. My gf is there and gets about 30 hits a day. She's sub.

miss pixi, 37
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
OK, I read your other thread.

To find a Master, I am not sure why you wouldnt try "Facebook for kinky people," aka Fetlife. Or collarme.com. That's another place full of eager so-called Doms. Maybe you'd find a good one. My gf is there and gets about 30 hits a day. She's sub.
I think I have a master, is why.

The whole reason I'm like this now, is become of him. He's melded me into who I am. She's irreplaceable.

No one else can be my Master.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think I have a master, is why.

The whole reason I'm like this now, is become of him. He's melded me into who I am. She's irreplaceable.

No one else can be my Master.
But this is the post you wrote when you started this thread:

Quote:
I'd like to find someone worthy of dominating me. I'd like to find someone to fit me that way. Someone to pull my strings and make me move how they want me to move which is also how I need to move (for me). Someone as intense as me. And who can tone me down and make me behave and get a grip. But someone who also knows when I know best.

Sigh. Yeah. Pretty impossible.
So, could you make up your mind, please? which is it? Do you have a Master or don't you? Are you looking for one or aren't you? Is it "impossible" or not?

Tags
bdsm, d/s, discipline, poly