Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren View Post
What I'm learning is that we do have an 'Us" already. It's just really, really messed up and unsustainable as it sits now. Lemon, it sounds a lot like what you've described. How did you make that jump from family to poly?
Well, really, there wasn't a jump from family to poly--it was more like, we made a jump from two different families to one, in our eyes. The responses everyone has given you describe a lot of what we ended up doing. A lot of research, a lot of talking, a lot of mistakes that had to be worked through. And don't get me wrong, we're still researching, talking, and making mistakes. I would say, have a clear idea of what you would like your ideal future to look like, have a clear idea of what you want, and communicate with them. Go at the pace of the slowest, and don't move forward until everyone is comfortable. Be honest, genuine, and loving. Be willing to compromise, because it's never easy to get three people on the same page.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks once again for the support and advice.
We're still working out exactly where we're going and where everyone fits in there. But we've started TALKING about it.
That's led to a couple of horrible, horrible days as truths get dragged into the light, but it's also let us work out some of them.

So much farther to go. So many more chances that this will blow up in our faces. But they've agreed to read some of the stuff I've found and that there is an us worth working on.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Thumbs down

Well, that was a spectacular failure.
They did a bit or reading about this and decided that it's PERFECT.
For them and their Unicorn.
I got kicked to the curb and the three of them are forming a triad with her moved in.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren View Post
Well, that was a spectacular failure.
They did a bit or reading about this and decided that it's PERFECT.
For them and their Unicorn.
I got kicked to the curb and the three of them are forming a triad with her moved in.
I'll go out on a limb and say this is probably for the best. They sound like they work in cycles perhaps. They'll probably get bored of their new play thing in a few months and the same thing will happen. Go out and find some one better suited for you my friend.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-09-2010, 09:08 PM

((Hugs Ren))

What Mono said