Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM

Default hi

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around this site for a while now and thought it about time I introduced myself. I'm 44, straight female in a relationship with D and his wife of 8yrs, J, who is also straight. We live in New Zealand and I'd never heard of polyamory until D mentioned it to me. The three of us are able to communicate with each other really well, which seeing as I've just moved in with them, is great. J and I have become really close as well and are enjoying having the support of another female.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM

Welcome. This is wonderful resource, and I hope you take advantage of all the wonderful veterans on these boards. It's great to communicate with people who have actually been-there, done-that. It's also a great way to get to know your own feelings, by the constant journalizing of your thoughts.

Any children involved? Have you had any problems so far with communication or scheduling or anything like that?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

There are no children involved as all our families are grown up now.

J and I are full time students plus we work part time but have been on holiday from collage for the last 6 -8 weeks. Over that time its been easy to schedule things but now that we are back studying it could make things a bit more awkward, however we communicate really well with each other so it may not be to much of a problem.

Having found this site has been really helpful and I intend to make the most of it.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Official Greeter

Greetings noone,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds to me like you have a pretty pleasant/steady relationship with your two companions. It paints a picture that makes me smile. We could say that you are in an MFM "V" (or emotional triad), where D is the "hinge person," and you and J are the "arms of the V."

You have a great advantage if you're good at communicating with each other, as communication tends to be one of the key ingredients to making a poly relationship work. I'm sure you will find additional helpful info on this site as well, and probably have some new thoughts and questions to post. Do post those when they arise!

I'm glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.