Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 01:21 PM

Along with the above, I really value communication, but sometimes the only person who can make you feel secure is yourself, its trying to figure out where those lines are that can be the bitch. I do a simillar thing to grounded spirit in that I try to parent the little insecure person inside me, I may well tell her to get over it/not to be ruled by it but beating myself up doesn't help so I will also tell her that I love her and that she's ok. Realise that this may make me sound a bit mental, i'm not, its what works for me

Last edited by bimblynim; 10-17-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Along with the above, I really value communication, but sometimes the only person who can make you feel secure is yourself, its trying to figure out where those lines are that can be the bitch. I do a simillar thing to grounded spirit in that I try to parent the little insecure person inside me, I may well tell her to get over it/not to be ruled by it but i also need soft love so I will tell her that I love her and that she's ok.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 AM

I write it out and look at how the insecurity relates to a problem in my own life (usually something I'm neglecting that I feel guilty about) ie.- my bf is starting to date a woman I feel is more in shape than I am and low and behold, I haven't worked out in a week and feel sluggish

my bf's gf cleaned the apartment way better than me- I had 7 months to clean the apt before she got there and never did, AND I have unpaid parking tickets and MY apartment is a mess.

I find it almost always relates back to something I'm not taking care of in my own life
Old 10-20-2010, 10:57 AM

Ps. reading Herme's post about insecurity and all the good advise he got in response just made me feel more secure because I know I've found a whole lot of people to ask for help and advise from when I feel that way. Thank you in advance