Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 PM

Default I'm so frustrated

For the better part of our open marriage I've had the wrong goals in what I was looking for. I was more enjoying the new attention of quick, often relationships that wouldn't last. I've grown tired of it and have since changed my thinking to wanting to find someone who is more suitable to our non monogamous beliefs. It's hard!!! I'm finding in my area that most people who believe in polyamory are not my type. No offense, but I have found a lot to be very spritual, Wiccan, earthy, long hair, vegitarian types where I am more of a tough and rough, football loving, bald headed, manly man type. Four years and I have yet to find someone that has the same beliefs as my husband and I and can fit in our relationship and I'm starting to get so frustrated. So then I venture back to just dating the random men who have no desire what polyamory or an open marriage even mean, but are a fun time and that serves no good purpose other than to frustrate me. Ugh I'm just so frustrated I wanted to vent for a bit! Thanks for reading
Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 AM

Weeeelll my friend, you are not alone and I seem to be doing fine My Mono is a military man... okay, he's not poly, but he at least is doing okay in a poly dynamic! Keep at it. There is someone for you... or someones.