Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 PM

its not my real name or my "vanilla" page(sorry i just really like to say vanilla hehe)- I will PM you the email addy.. not that i will ever use it other than for FB. The first name is Elisa

If anyone else wants to add me on my secondary FB just PM me. I don't want anyone to feel deceived this is not my real name or my main FB page. Obviously its still me but it is changed just enough so that I feel safe having random people on it and more importantly so that my two worlds don't collide
Old 10-06-2010, 01:29 AM

I have had two facebook accounts for quite awhile...one that has all my old swinger's friends' on it...and my "regular, vanilla, classmate" one. So far, no one has hit me up to be friends, on the wrong one..lol....and if they did, I would just deny them, and hit them up through my correct account.
Now...for my BF...I was in the same position as you,,I even have his sister on my regular facebook...so I had him make a second account, and now we both are free to write what we want, without questions from the vanilla's..I don't think you will fool those people, acting as a "new friend" on his regular account, I know it wouldn't have worked for me. Candi
Old 10-06-2010, 03:29 AM

Yeah and you are probably right but at the same time out of the group only like one person is trying to figure out who it is I am dating. Most of the others do know we have an alternative marriage- but as for his family and friends, I only know one of them and he knows the situation so having a new person can just avoid drama and keep the worlds separate. Its not really the end of the world if the people from this group figure out he is my other guy, its just not preferable.

However if his family finds out, that would cause some really big issues. In the end I think it will all be okay

Thank you for your input and as much as I don't want to agree you are probably right but at least it will keep his family and my family separate ykwim?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 AM

Hmm.. I think this is a good idea... there's a bunch of stuff I don't put on Farcebook because there are certain people who I'm not comfortable sharing it with or have specifically requested I don't share it with them.

I'll have a think and maybe I'll create a groovy secret identity!

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Yay! Freedom!!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 PM

Hurrah! Now I has one...

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM

I pretty much sent requests to anyone who I had 3 mutual friends with, if this is not okay please don't feel like you have to add me! (if you see this thread
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM

You're going to have sent some requests to people who have no idea who you are then! Mono, RP and I have a lot of mutual friends who don't forum and since we're all your friends...
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Oops, well, it will be okay...I mentioned the forum and had one person already say they don't add people they haven't met in person and I just explained the situation and thanked them for their communication. I just now realized that you were also involved with them!

Sorry blonde moment. I think I only sent out about 10-15 requests and left it as that- I hope I haven't caused any issues

My Facebook
Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 PM

Don't worry, those who don't know what you're talking about will just think you're nuts!

Last edited by Derbylicious; 10-06-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling