Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM

Talking Our Intro...

Well we are Jeff and Lexie married 6 years with 2 kids living in Kansas now. Not involved with anyone at the moment. Nor have we ever been in a relationship so far. We are just starting out in this chapter of our life together, and are looking for a little support maybe even some testimonials of successful quad relationships. (We have read of so many failing.) Hoping this helps get us on the right track to making lasting relationships the right way.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 PM

Well, in my experience the relationships come before the decision to be polyamorous. I knew my fiancee was bisexual and maintained a loving friendship with the girl she basically grew up with and it wasn't going to end with our relationship starting. So I had to decide to accept it and work out the jealousy and insecurity I denied having. It took a long time and wasn't easy but loving her for who she is is the most important thing.

In your case, I imagine you want to make as many friendships as you can and if something happens you'll be emotionally prepared for it.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 AM

Yes we would like to make friends not rushing into anything or trying to force relationships. More so looking to explore what or who is out there. We don't like the idea of swinging but we feel like there is a lot love to be shared. Whether it be with friends or lovers since we just moved to KS we know no one. And after going to visit old friends for the holidays we found that we had feelings for them deeper than just friends. So we have desided just recently after a few long talks we have decided to move forward with it.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Official Greeter

Hello Jeff and Lexie,
Welcome to our forum.

You might be interested in our Life stories and blogs board, it has many stories of many people's experience in polyamory.

I think that as you add more people, the relationship tends to get more complex. Hence you will hear more "success stories" about triads than you will about quads, because a triad will tend to have less complexity. However, there are definitely quads out there who've been successful in their relationship and well-rewarded for the effort.

You will find many good threads to read on this site, and many good people to interact with. Post and let us know of your thoughts and questions, whatever they may be.

I'm glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Tags
introductions