Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM

I've recently put up another blog on a different site for me to sort out thoughts and feelings there without fueling any more drama.
I'm also posting my art on the same site, if anybody's interested in that. As an artist, I'm always looking for feedback!

If anyone would like a link, feel free to contact me.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 PM

I hope this is what you need and helps you.

Like I told you before, my door is always open.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:19 PM

Thank you, but no. I think we had best leave this at a polite but firm "Goodbye."

Your stuff is boxed up and ready to be returned.

I will send it to Darkon next weekend, along with your ring. I did not want that back.

The box of your things will be sent through Hound, or Havoc if you prefer.

Do not come to pick it up.

Do not contact me again.

Do not send anybody else to talk to me on your behalf.

Respect my decision, and stay out of my life.

Goodbye.

Last edited by Cricket; 04-06-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:20 PM

Cricket and Karma,

Sending along a hug in this rough time for you and your loved ones.

Cricket-sad to see you go off the forum, but totally understand the need for distance to prevent ugliness-I think that's smart.

Speaking as a member only, not a moderator, I think your last post was going the opposite way than the one that you are aiming for. Posting such tender, private, break-up stuff on an open forum is opening the door to inflaming the situation further.

I think you were right on to realize that the anger between you is toxic and must dissipate before you can come to terms with it. In the meantime-think before you post online. Unfortunately, it is now one of the things that may constitute a "big decision" that you are not supposed to make in the midst of grieving or in times of trauma because it hangs around forever (I get out the old pen and paper. It feels fiercer to scribble madly anyway, and helps me).

Best wishes to you and yours. Be nice to yourself.
-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.

Last edited by Rarechild; 04-06-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarechild View Post
Speaking as a member only, not a moderator, I think your last post was going the opposite way than the one that you are aiming for. Posting such tender, private, break-up stuff on an open forum is opening the door to inflaming the situation further.

I think you were right on to realize that the anger between you is toxic and must dissipate before you can come to terms with it. In the meantime-think before you post online. Unfortunately, it is now one of the things that may constitute a "big decision" that you are not supposed to make in the midst of grieving or in times of trauma because it hangs around forever (I get out the old pen and paper. It feels fiercer to scribble madly anyway, and helps me).

Best wishes to you and yours. Be nice to yourself.
-R
Rarechild-

This was a helpful post. I will keep it in mind when I am in stream of consciousness on my blog. Glad I read this before continuing my MGA posts.
Thanks.
-MG
Old 05-12-2011, 06:26 AM

All I can say is... what an eye-opener!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 PM

What, the new blog?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
What, the new blog?
Oh, yeah, baby!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Thanks!

Last edited by Cricket; 05-12-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:06 AM

Default Cross-posted from CricketSong because it means this much to me:

It's time for people to stop deciding what they think I'm strong enough to face, and what they think I'm too weak to handle. It's time for people to stop talking down to me as if they think their words will break me. It's time for people to stop trying to call the shots on how I'm supposed to heal.

Nobody gets to make that call but me.

I am not alone in what I've endured, but many of the people who call me a "victim" have never been victimized. They don't realize the difference between a victim and a survivor.

Nobody gets to call me a victim, because I survived. I survived on my own strength, and I walked out on my own two feet. I chose to take responsibility for me, because he was out of control. I'm not alive today because I let other people call the shots for me. I'm not in love today because I let him tell me what I'm capable of because he shaves his face and I shave my legs. I'm not happy today because somebody told me I'm finally allowed to be. I'm not moving forward today because I listened to the people telling me I can't.

I'm alive because I took control.

I'm in love because I was brave enough to try.

I'm happy because I decided to be.

I'm moving forward because my heart told me I can.

Don't paint me into a corner by telling people how weak and traumatized I am. Don't box me up with the other broken dolls. Don't act like you know what it's like if you don't, don't compare your experiences to mine if you do. Everyone handles shit differently, and I'm handling this shit by not letting people piss in my cornflakes anymore.

Either jump in the car, or get the fuck out of my way, because I'm going somewhere better, fast, and I'm not gonna brake for fuckin' anything.

- Cricket