Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2poly View Post

Actually, I am learning this on another board. I also discovered there are many, many heterosexual cross dressers. I am though, hopelessly in love with C. and so, I'm willing to see what might develop.

Thanks for your insight!
You're welcome. And yes, you're quite right! My bad. I am so enmeshed in the transgender world, I was quite forgetting hetero (or bi) cross-dressers. How could I? Eddie Izzard is my favorite person on the planet, and he's a British "transvestite" and "fancies girls." Ah, how I'd love to get a guy just like him. Or preferably, him. If you don't know him, check youtube. He's hilarious, a genius, and sooooo hot, in either kind of drag.

Good luck on your tequila night. He sure does like you, but I hope his bf isnt too jealous.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 11-18-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearelookin View Post
Recently I met a gay man and I would sware I was instantly in love...he was so kind and sweet,,, we got along great and even spent the night together, touching but no intercourse. It was magnificent...
He wanted me to leave my family and for a while I thought maybe I could but in the end I could not give up on 16 years and I do love her. He hates me now and told me not to do this to anyone else....I felt like sh**...
Sorry you were both hurt! And I am sure your wife was as well, if you did seriously consider leaving her for a guy youd only had one night with!

Quote:
I so want a man in my life, not for sex only but to be with....
Sorry if this is not the place to vent this guys but I loved the people commenting here....
Perfect place to vent, and welcome to the board! I hope you can define how you'd like to practice polyamory, with any gender, thru reading more here.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 11-19-2010, 05:18 AM

Default Not just one night

It wasn't just one night. We had done a lot of chatting both online, texting, and on the phone before we even met. We then met for drinks and spent many hours together then I went home. This was a couple different times before we actually spent a whole night together.

Sorry I was very tired when I wrote all that. I just want to make it clear it wasn't a one night stand. We really clicked, got along together, and I guess I hoped he would see me while I still remainded married and he hoped the opposite. He then got upset.

In my head, my ideal relationship is to stay married to the only woman that I feel I can be with and have a boyfriend. I have always felt that I have had the capacity to love more than one person. I wish that he had felt the same.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearelookin View Post
We really clicked, got along together, and I guess I hoped he would see me while I still remainded married and he hoped the opposite. He then got upset.
At least now you have a better understanding of what you need and can be more upfront about it in the future, but it sucks that he couldn't deal with that.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM

Smile greetings

New here and I just wrote a more-detailed intro in the Introductions forum but thought I'd add a note in this thread to say HEY.

I'm in a all-male triad here in NC. Been openly gay for 15 years but the poly thing is much more recent. My main observation is that we kinda have one foot in each community. (Or as I said in my intro, it's like you have to Come Out all over again!)
The local gay & lesbian clubs/organizations are all singles and couples...and many find our situation odd to say the least.
The local poly organization is nice and all, but we definitely felt different. I think it may be because it's all mixed-gender groups/triads/quads. Mostly a blend of bisexuals and heterosexuals....we were the only gays as far as I could see.
So I guess being gay and poly just kinda puts you into two different categories, that makes things kinda interesting for sure!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:17 AM

Hi and welcome to the board.

My opinion is that most people are bi. Cultural conditioning causes many to not be in touch with their desire for same sex partners. So, being gay or completely straight is more rare in the culture in general. And therefore in the poly culture as well. (Of course, some people really do fall on the completely straight or gay sides of the spectrum.)

I was watching an interesting show on TV recently on ancient Sparta. It was an extremely gay-gentric culture, so the opposite of ours. Men were taken from their mothers and sisters at age 7 and thurst into an all male environment, taken under the wings of men, and expected to be mentored into the military culture by an older man who also becomes their lover.

At some point each man was expected to take a wife to breed. The wife would have her head shaved, be put in a room in men's clothing, and her husband would first have sex with her in the dark, get it over with and hurry back to his male friends and lover. The show said these furtive relations could go on for months or years. Some men who actually enjoyed being with a woman must've felt like oddities!

Nowdays with gender reassignment becoming more common, I run into dykes who have to deal with realizing their female lover is actually a man, or women who IDed as butches realizing they are actually men. This can throw ya! Some continue to ID as lesbians even tho they are now having relations with a member of the opposite sex.

miss pixi, 37