Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
So, clarifying one point: of your quad, one person isn't involved sexually with any one. Is their place purely emotional then? Or something else?
She isn't involved sexually with any of us. I would say her place is something else.
She is certainly emotionally involved on a deep level with all of us.
But she's also an equal contributor as a parent in the dynamic (we have 5 kids).
She's also a financial contributor in the family.
The only thing she's not is a sexually contributing member of the family....

Old 09-21-2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Tell him I'll submit the memo if I can still move after RP finishes with me...I'm still bruised form two weeks ago!
LMAO!!!
I let him read your reply over my shoulder.
He's researching ideas for a tattoo.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 AM

I guess I am curious... How did she get to be part of the family? Did she use to be sexually involved? Is she parent of some of the children biologically? Sorry if I'm nosing here, I'm certainly not questioning her place, but I'm curious about how it happened to be to begin with.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 AM

She and I were best friends.
I got pregnant at 15, had a baby at 16.
She stuck by my side and helped me raise that baby.

When I got married to Maca it was on the grounds that she was "part and parcel" to getting me. Not sexually-not so much as it would bother me, I wouldn't care, just that didn't come up.

Then here we are today-that baby is now going to be 19 next week and so it goes.

No, she wasn't ever sexually active and none of the children are biologically hers. She has no biological children and has reason to believe she can't have any. However, she's raised all of ours side by side with us and is an integral a part of their lives in a parental capacity as we are.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Or the prohibitions "could" be on both?

My arrangement with Mono is that if there is a time that I want a boyfriend that I would have sex with then our sexual relationship woud end and my sexual relationship with him would begin. I could have other boyfriends but not sexual ones. I can have as many girlfriends as I want too and none of this needs discussing with my tribe. Although I would out of respect and curticy.
So, would this be poly fi?
How many girlfriends are we talking here???
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 AM

I see. I guess to me (that is, if I was in that situation) she'd be part of the family and the household, but not the network... Like a sister or something. But definitely one of the parents for the children, and family for everyone involved.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity
Old 09-21-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
She and I were best friends.
I got pregnant at 15, had a baby at 16.
She stuck by my side and helped me raise that baby.

When I got married to Maca it was on the grounds that she was "part and parcel" to getting me. Not sexually-not so much as it would bother me, I wouldn't care, just that didn't come up.

Then here we are today-that baby is now going to be 19 next week and so it goes.

No, she wasn't ever sexually active and none of the children are biologically hers. She has no biological children and has reason to believe she can't have any. However, she's raised all of ours side by side with us and is an integral a part of their lives in a parental capacity as we are.
I don't see why she can't be a poly-fi member of your tribe... why not. It's up to all of you. If thats what fits, then what the heck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
How many girlfriends are we talking here???
heh... ohhhh, lets see, we could of brought that girl home from the bar.... (must do that again!) there's that cute woman that does the maintenance for my building at work,... tells me about her dogs and I pretend I like dogs there's that woman I have known for years at the pizza place, there is a slight buzz for the woman I went out with last week... or is it because of the conversation? It was so fucking top notch! Maybe it's all in my head.

ya, I think I am done with the description of poly-fi. It just doesn't fit for me and I don't want it. I think I am just fine with whatever... feeling very much the urge to dump all definitions again lately and get on with it.

Hey mono, quit flirting with the mono chics. You have written too much on here for them to believe you now anyways. LR, ignore him, he's a bad boy.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:

Hey mono, quit flirting with the mono chics. You have written too much on here for them to believe you now anyways. LR, ignore him, he's a bad boy.
I think you meant quit "flirtting with the non-mono chics....they're safe, it's the mono ones ya gotta watch out for....kidding! But you can still smack my ass

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-21-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
heh... ohhhh, lets see, we could of brought that girl home from the bar.... (must do that again!) there's that cute woman that does the maintenance for my building at work,... tells me about her dogs and I pretend I like dogs there's that woman I have known for years at the pizza place, there is a slight buzz for the woman I went out with last week... or is it because of the conversation? It was so fucking top notch! Maybe it's all in my head.
Wait, wait, wait ... These ladies sound almost CASUAL, RP!! *shocked and agast!*

Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
These ladies sound almost CASUAL, RP!! *shocked and agast!*

ewwwwwww...you said the C word

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Tags
poly fidelity, poly-fi, relationship dynamics