Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 06:49 AM

TL I completely sympathize. This month we got hit with a $600 bill to repair some damage the husband did when he tried to change out the spark plugs on our ONLY car. As much as I wanted to lay blame, he didn't do it on purpose and we had no choice, but to pay for the repairs. Now we are a month behind on the utilities and another bill. Yesterday the bill for a speeding ticket arrives - it's double what it would have been just 2 years ago, $400 (happy anniversary). The stress alone is enough to send you into depression and I don't have the bipolar issue to add to the mess.

Give her a hug, appologize for being an ass and admit that you are freaking out about how to pay for everything and whatever else.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
Even if it was an accounting error, most shops would take their own sweet time, paying what is owed. Flat-rate guys get stuck like this sometimes. Most of the journeyman trades know this, and find another job. Hence,..'journeymen'

TL how soon does she need to take the test ? Is this something that is offered on a regular basis, or only once or twice a year ?

If you have some time,...relax, and see what comes up as far as options.
Her test can be taken whenever. However, I have one that I have two weeks in which to schedule and pay for...or I have to wait until the next window. Mine will wait.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Today, my wife took a VERY important test. I'm cycling through my depression stages again. Fucking bs. She failed her test. So I act like an insensitive idiot. I'm upset because the test costs $200.
It's not your fault she failed the test, and it is understandable to be upset about the cost. Don't beat yourself up so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Her test can be taken whenever. However, I have one that I have two weeks in which to schedule and pay for...or I have to wait until the next window. Mine will wait.
Hmm, I don't see why yours should wait if she can take it anytime. Seems to me like it would be a better idea if she waited, so she has more time to study before taking it again, so she can make sure she passes this time.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me.
~Bryan Ferry

Last edited by nycindie; 09-20-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Hmm, I don't see why yours should wait if she can take it anytime. Seems to me like it would be a better idea if she waited, so she has more time to study before taking it again, so she can make sure she passes this time.
It actually makes more sense for her to take hers. She can't become employed until she passes it. And she stands to make $25 per hour, while I only make $9 per hour. HER test, is necissary, while mine is not. Mine only makes it possible for me to get a better position with another company....POSSIBLY. Hers, will make it possible for her to be employed. She has 3 job offers for as soon as she passes this test.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:03 PM

Ok....Kandy and I have been talking to a new couple we met on Myyearbook dot com. For some odd reason Kandy came up in the guy's match thing, so he sent her a message. It's odd, because we all have our settings set for matching people to us who live within 15 miles of us. They (this new cpl) lives about 60 miles from us. Weird. Anyway, his wife was going out on a date in our area, and he had been talking to Kandy for a couple weeks. He asked if he could meet up with her. She declined because his wife was not present, out of respect for his wife. He understood and told her no problem.

Well, he actually dropped off his wife, and then decided to go to the beach....Then he sent Kandy a text saying he was lost. So, we met up with him, and sat out and talked for about 4 hours. He's a really cool guy. Around 12:30am or so, he said he had to get a hotel, as his wife was not likely to be "done" on her date until later in the morning. So Kandy found him a hotel locally, and booked it for him. Then we led him to his hotel room......Where he checked in, and asked if we would like to come up for a bit to continue our conversation.....Well.....Yep...we went up. Throughout this whole time, he had been receiving texts from his wife, and reading them to us. Apparently, her date was not going as hoped, but she told him to have fun with us......So....we did. :P

Afterward, Kandy and I bade him well, and hoped that we could meet his wife soon sometime, even if there was nothing sexual going on with her. He said he hoped so too. Kandy and I went home....and we got busy....He actually got a text from his wife to come pick her up as her date was now over......The time was now around 3:00am......No sooner than we finished, he sends us a text and asks if we would like to come over and play some more. Apparently, his wife spent all this time with this guy, and he was nothing like he portrayed online....plus, she was "fucking super horny and better get laid tonight!". LOL So....we were like..."uhhhh.....ok....be there in 15?" He told us to hurry up.....LOL We all pulled into the hotel around the same time. A little small talk ensued. I like his wife a lot. She has my personality. She's not what I usually look for looks wise, but she has some REALLY pretty eyes. So I expound on that. I really like the way she acts though. Now....The next time we met with them, I went to their house with Kandy, to fix one of their cars. We didn't play at all, but we did flirt a bit and figured out that they are NOT looking for just a one time thing, and are NOT "swingers". They would like to build a relationship with someone. We have refrained from using the "p-word", as it tends to scare people off. We told them we are exclusive with couples we choose to get together with, and appreciate them being the same way with us. They said they agree, and liked that idea.

Tonight, we are going to winghouse in their town (Lakeland, Fl.....we live in Clearwater, Fl) and watching the UFC fights. (I am calling them Boogie and Tabi-cat) I told Kandy that since Tabi-cat's playground is closed, if she (kandy) and Boogie got bored at the fights and wanted to go back to the house for a while, that was fine with me. Kandy said she would think about it, and if things went that way, then they did.

So, there you have it folks.......Are we "dating" them? Not sure yet.....But we ARE trying to build a relationship with them. They are also gypsy's, like us. Kandy got upset the other day and told Tabi-cat that she wanted to move out of Florida. Tabi-cat said that if we decided to move, to let her know, and they would move with us. :O What? Interesting.........
Old 09-24-2011, 10:16 PM

Be careful of those who are quick to attach. They sometimes have difficulty putting real effort into maintenance once they've reeled you in. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
Be careful of those who are quick to attach. They sometimes have difficulty putting real effort into maintenance once they've reeled you in. Good luck!
I was gonna say something similar. People who want to move in with you or run away with you after two dates usually have um, "issues" in the head and elsewhere.

and it's "gypsies" not "gypsy's" the way you used it.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
I was gonna say something similar. People who want to move in with you or run away with you after two dates usually have um, "issues" in the head and elsewhere.

and it's "gypsies" not "gypsy's" the way you used it.
Yes, I know about "gypsies" vs. "gypsy's". Sometimes, grammar eludes me. LOL

As for Tabi-cat, and Boogie, Kandy and I know about the pitfalls and "issues" already. Been there...done that...a couple times now. Don't really wanna do it again. We are content keeping it the way it is for now.

Good news time: Went over to Tabi-cat and Boogies house on Saturday night. Well, actually, went to their town, and watched the fights with them at Winghouse....Then after the fights, went to a bar to play some pool and for Tabi-cat to sing some karaoke. She wasn't bad. Some drunk guy tried to start a fight with me, but then I stood up....He looked up at me and swallowed.....I pointed to his chair at the bar and said "Why don't you just go sit over there.". LOL He said "Ok"....and turned around and went to sit down. LOL Fight avoided.

Then we went back to Tabi-cat and Boogies house. Where my wife and I enjoyed some time with Tabi-cat and Boogie. It was fun and flirty. Just the way I like it. Throughout the night, we made small trips out and about with the other spouse alone. (i.e. me and Tabi-cat in my car, and Kandy and Boogie in his car) It was nice. No-one was pressured or felt out of place. Just a relaxing evening.

Bad news time.......

I just got fired. I'm the only one in the house with a job...and I just got fired from it. Now...do I let it get me down? I don't have time for that. I have to get more $$$ coming in. I'll feel sorry for myself later.

So on that note......Time to look for a job or some people who need their car fixed.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM

Glad you finally found a woman willing to watch the fights.

And that drunk guy. Glad he was shorter than you and easily intimidated. With your bad back he could've probably broken you in half like a toothpick with a couple punches.

A Florida road house... gator on the menu and the bullfrogs whose legs will be tomorrow night's special croaking in the swamp out back.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Custodian

Sorry to hear you lost your job. Money sucks, but no money sucks worse

Tags
marriage, open relationship, quad, sexual relationships, wife swapping