Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Yeah, I know our pattern of the same thing...and try as I would, it made no difference. I still exploded while V was over. L and V had words also. Not exactly a happy time to say the least.
But we talked and said our side of things and made up. We in fact hugged good bye longer and harder and both said sorry again.

Quote:
I keep trying to remember that ALL relationships have their arguments, and pitfalls. I'm TRYING to remember that it's not all going to be sunshine and roses. However, Just as L and I are stuck in our ways....So is V.
Remember that she is going to see us both upset as we will see her upset. We have to be ourselves around her, if not we are not being fair to her. I understand you are on NRE and want to impress her, but it will go away and she will see us for us. As for the argument it was not that big of a deal and she will either get over it or move on. This is how all relationships work. We have been married for 20 yrs and have worked through more arguments then I care to count. Lets give this relationship the chance to work out the bugs.

I love you!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:59 PM

TL, you are such a fatalist. Just because there are moments that are not all rainbows and puppy dogs does not mean the relationship is doomed. Count your blessings when you're feeling that way -- that usually gets me off my pity pot. It sounds, from what LT says here, like everything's fine. 2011 will be a great year!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-01-2011, 10:09 PM

Yeah. Try to not let those walls go up without good cause. An argument is poor cause to wall yourself off. It's too manipulative... like saying, unless it always smells like roses, it's BAD. It sends an "I'm too shallow to deal with reality" message. Not bashing... talking from experience.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:48 PM

You change your mind like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you PMS like a bitch, I would know

And you overthink, always speak cryptically
I should know that you're no good for me

'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in, then you're out
You're up then you're down

You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

...Someone call the doctor
Got a case of love bipolar
Stuck on a roller coaster
Can't get off this ride
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 01-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Magdlyn, you crack me up!

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 PM

It's so true tho!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Master, 32
Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 PM

It is true.....We are SUPPOSED to meet with V tonight to watch UFC fights. No idea if she will show or not. If not, oh well. I'm gonna watch the fights. If so...Oh well, I'm gonna watch the fights. I have a big fight coming up in April anyway, and this is just what I needed to get me fueled and testosterone crazed. I feel like I could knock this guy out right now! Another 3 months, and I'll be amped, stacked, and ready to kill!

I have had walls in place for a long time. No sooner than I let them down, I get this crap. Meah. The world will not end....even if our relationship with V does. And at this point, I've killed my own emotions as far as she's concerned. Yes, I miss her....but I'm going to keep my distance for a while. Let her play the cat for a while. If she's interested still, she'll play the part....if not...she won't.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 AM

It's not a damn game or competition like a stupid wrestling match.

It's love, emotions, being sensitive, knowing yourself... it's not cat and mouse. If she doesn't feel smothered, respect that she actually likes the attention. Sheesh.

Master, 32
Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 AM

Wow. I would NEVER play the part for someone who is so poorly invested.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:59 AM

Quote:
I have had walls in place for a long time. No sooner than I let them down, I get this crap. Meah. The world will not end....even if our relationship with V does. And at this point, I've killed my own emotions as far as she's concerned.
An argument or a few heated words on an understandably stressful day and the relationship that you were head over heels about is suddenly over for you? And you feel like a victim? What the...???!!!

Tags
marriage, open relationship, quad, sexual relationships, wife swapping