Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieBoo View Post
"Monogamy sounds like a dirty word."
I went to a kink conference this past weekend and one of the classes offered was called "Monogamy without shame." I asked my primary and secondary if we should go crash it.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM

My current favorite happened about a week ago. This girl at the local watering whole we frequent had been eyeballing our table off and on throughout the night. Toward the end of the evening she came up I was sitting with T and asked her, "is this your boyfriend?" she immediately responded with "yep, and that's my husband over there." The girls jaw hit the floor like cartoon character. Wish I had a camera to capture that look, I was rolling!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Spaminator

Default togetherness

So last night we had a sleep over at our fourples place. so we were watching tv and my wife and her BF were chatting when all of a sudden they start making out with smiles from myself and my gf.

after a bit my gf and i decide to climb into bed in the other bedroom. My wife comes by just as we are getting to bed and says 'be quite but have fun'. because my gf's daughter is in the room underneath us.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:48 PM

After finding out Runic Wolf has a date coming up:

So, are you going to tell my boyfriend that you might have a girlfriend?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I went to a kink conference this past weekend and one of the classes offered was called "Monogamy without shame." I asked my primary and secondary if we should go crash it.
I love this. I would love to crash a class like now!

A friend and his (now ex) girlfriend were asking about one of my boyfriends whilst out for drinks with myself and the other who I have been dating significantly longer (at some point I'm going to have to give them names this is confusing...). If there wais something they 'like' better about the boyfriend I have been longer they announce 'And that's why he's boyfriend number one'. A couple of months later when out with the same friend but other boyfriend we ended up having a discussion as to whether or not I should break up with 'boyfriend one' temporarily and the ask him out again so that 'boyfriend 2' could get a fair chance at being boyfriend number one.
Just for clarification: to me they are not boyfriend number 'one' and 'two' in a ranking system type was to me they are both primary realtionships of great importance.