Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Because one's parents are never supposed to have sex!
I dealt with 'they had sex' long ago. They attempted poly, that's just a new one. Plus, the three of us have a long and sordid history of ugly triangulation ~ which there's no need to go into here. I appreciate that they were, and are, both open with me. Also, I'm 51. It's news. I'll get over it.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
I dealt with 'they had sex' long ago. They attempted poly, that's just a new one. Plus, the three of us have a long and sordid history of ugly triangulation ~ which there's no need to go into here. I appreciate that they were, and are, both open with me. Also, I'm 51. It's news. I'll get over it.
Hey, you and I are the same age! Okay, I was thinking maybe you were younger and your folks not much older than I, so I was like, "What's creepy?" to sort of tease you in defense of older folks (like me) as sexual beings. But I hear ya about being surprised. For myself, it's not something I would be creeped out about necessarily, my mother was pretty open about her sex life as far as us knowing she had sex anyway (she was divorced, so had boyfriends).

In my family, I found out in my 30s that the "boarder" who lived with my great-grandparents was actually my great-grandmother's boyfriend. Apparently, it was common knowledge when I was little, according to one of my grandmother's cousins who told me. Both my ggparents died by the time I was 12, but I only found out about Oscar's true place in their lives about 25 years after they passed away. They were in their 70s when he lived with them, and I remember him well. So, they were a in a Vee into their twilight years!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-27-2012, 02:18 AM

that's very encouraging, nycindie. Yah, it's perfectly fine when it's not my parents. And in theory, it's actually fine if it's my parents. It was a pretty big hiccup for first time hearing it. I have a age thing too. My boyfriends are significantly younger, and sometimes I get weird about it. I really appreciate reading all your stuff, and feel much kindred spirit to you.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 02-01-2012, 02:13 PM

Background: About a month ago, Runic Wolf's first girlfriend moved back to NY. They've stayed friends so for the last week he's been helping her get settled. And we've been talking about how there is still chemistry there.

This morning I awake to him saying he's going to help her with some more boxes. No big deal, I roll over and go back to sleep. He wakes me up a few minutes later saying he has to ask me a silly question..... his/ our friend is anxious that things might go further and she wanted me to text her to let her know I was really okay with it.
So I shot her a text on my crappy not text friendly phone because my smart phone isn't working. Hardest text I ever sent to say basically, yes you can sleep with my husband btw, I'm glad you moved back to NY.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Hey, you and I are the same age! Okay, I was thinking maybe you were younger and your folks not much older than I, so I was like, "What's creepy?" to sort of tease you in defense of older folks (like me) as sexual beings. But I hear ya about being surprised. For myself, it's not something I would be creeped out about necessarily, my mother was pretty open about her sex life as far as us knowing she had sex anyway (she was divorced, so had boyfriends).

In my family, I found out in my 30s that the "boarder" who lived with my great-grandparents was actually my great-grandmother's boyfriend. Apparently, it was common knowledge when I was little, according to one of my grandmother's cousins who told me. Both my ggparents died by the time I was 12, but I only found out about Oscar's true place in their lives about 25 years after they passed away. They were in their 70s when he lived with them, and I remember him well. So, they were a in a Vee into their twilight years!
It's always awesome to hear family stories like this, because people really do think poly is brand new for some reason due to those who practiced being private about it in the past. And then I hear stuff like this and all I can do is .
Old 02-11-2012, 01:39 PM

I was telling a friend that me and my girlfriend are going to Paris to celebrate our first anniversary. She asked if it's going to be just the two of us or are the husbands coming along. I replied: It's our anniversary. There's not going to be any husbands in our anniversary trip!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:39 AM

Common phrase around here is "Tough, your outvoted."
All in good fun.

One time I'm recovering on my couch from a bit of manual labour done on behalf of a friend of mine (hauling debris from the demolition of a small brick house). I'm dead tired, sore as hell and quite comfortably sinking into my spot on the couch.

The wife wanders in with our secondary proclaiming that they have decide that they are in the mood to head out for the evening for dinner and then to a bar that I'm fairly indifferent to.

Me: That's nice. Have fun. I'll hold down the fort.
Wife: Nope. your coming.
Me: Idonwanna.
Wife: Tough, your outvoted.
Me: ?
Girlfriend: Yup. Outvoted. Get your shoes on.

Then my phone rings, its an ex of ours we're friends with.
Me: hello?
Ex-GF: Outvoted. They win.
me: Well played.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Just getting into poly, not committed to anyone yet but dating a few people.

Explaining to my sorority sister about poly and the people I date:

Ali: How was your date?
Me: Which one?
Ali: The one with the guy.
Me: Which one?
Ali: The guy you like.
Me: Hehe. [beat] Which one?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 AM

Default Cuddled out of bed.

My husband to me:

"Your boyfriend cuddled me right out of bed this morning!"

We sleep 3 in a king size bed - I get the middle. If I get up without waking up Dude (by climbing back and forth over him to hit "snooze" a dozen times) and he doesn't realize that I'm not there then apparently he keeps rolling to the right until he wedges up against a warm body.

(MrS is not much for cuddling when he is sleeping - I roll up against him, he rolls away, Dude rolls up behind me, lather/rinse/repeat - oftentimes I wake up to find the the 3 of us all on MrS's side of the bed with him hanging off the edge.)
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 AM

A one liner by my husband:

Im straight - but my wife's girlfriend is not.