Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 PM

Default How do I say this...

My husband was the first to bring the idea tot he table... So okay he wants to be with someone other than I , hurtful, but over many months of talking i have come to terms. I would love for him to experience life outside of our house but how do you go about doing this as most people know we are married and the ladies dont want any part of it... for me I am bi-curious and dont mind the idea of swapping but again same issue people want single people. so my question is how do we go about finding a couple or indivduals that are intrested in the same things as he and I.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmarriage42 View Post
My husband was the first to bring the idea tot he table... So okay he wants to be with someone other than I , hurtful, but over many months of talking i have come to terms. I would love for him to experience life outside of our house but how do you go about doing this as most people know we are married and the ladies dont want any part of it... for me I am bi-curious and dont mind the idea of swapping but again same issue people want single people. so my question is how do we go about finding a couple or indivduals that are intrested in the same things as he and I.
There is a thread

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2835

it has a lot of great tips for finding people
Old 09-02-2010, 07:22 PM

Thats great but I guess what I am looking for are clubs or something that we can go in and meet people in preson and face to face. We have tried the web sites and they all seem to be palyers of a sort say they'll meet then stand you up...
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmarriage42 View Post
Thats great but I guess what I am looking for are clubs or something that we can go in and meet people in preson and face to face. We have tried the web sites and they all seem to be palyers of a sort say they'll meet then stand you up...
This is in that thread too, somewhere but your best bet is to try

1 - find a local poly group
2 - find a lifestyle club. This comes in many forms. There can be mixed clubs (poly, swinging, bdsm) etc. So you have to search
3 - this one is rarely mentioned. Hit up a local sex shop and see if there are any hidden groups in your area.
4 - fetlife.com - while a BDSM site has a strong poly group in some areas. you might find a "poly munch" available to go to.

Number 5 - ... go out to a bar, or socialize together and talk to people. Let people know your interest and go from there
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM

Great and thanks.... I hope this works as we both want it....
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
This is in that thread too, somewhere but your best bet is to try

1 - find a local poly group
2 - find a lifestyle club. This comes in many forms. There can be mixed clubs (poly, swinging, bdsm) etc. So you have to search
3 - this one is rarely mentioned. Hit up a local sex shop and see if there are any hidden groups in your area.
4 - fetlife.com - while a BDSM site has a strong poly group in some areas. you might find a "poly munch" available to go to.

Number 5 - ... go out to a bar, or socialize together and talk to people. Let people know your interest and go from there
*mind blown* This never even crossed my mind. Thank you!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
I never did and My husband and I go to one locally about once a month... Who would have thought about that..
Old 09-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
My pleasure. like I said, I don't think many people think of it.

If they don't know poly, they might know closed swingers groups or open support groups. ...

I found one in town, but..umm...the age range was a little older then my desires.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't cross my mind, either. I certainly wouldn't go looking for a poly group at a sex shop. I used to manage an adult shop. We had folks from the fetish community in, we had folks from the swinging community in--we had no folks from any poly group come in of which I'm aware (and any requests to post info, yada yada yada had to have my approval).

I have to say I wouldn't visit any poly group that had posted info in a sex shop. That suggests to me the folks in it are more interested in meat market dating and looking for hookups and I'm not interested in that.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 PM

I guess I just see a lot of cross over in the area. Most poly people I have met now are already non-monogamous or ex-swingers or still swingers.