Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
TeJoKo, I am sorry the replies to your first posts here have hurt you. You said some controversial stuff, and ... this being an internet msg board, you got piled on. Everyone's got an opinion and is not afraid to post it.

But, it's left you feeling emotionally vulnerable. I am sorry for that.

I know you're on meds, and seeing a counselor. That's great. I've seen you say here you rarely leave the house, don't work, don't see women friends. I hope as you continue with therapy, you'll get some help with your social anxiety. Lots of people have that, to an extent. It is a debilitating syndrome, and does limits one's ability to enjoy the riches life has to offer.

I'm just gonna go back to the yeast thing. Seems to me you have an overgrowth of yeast, and both your men do as well. When I help women with recurrent yeast infections, I suggest their male partner be treated as well for it, or you just keep passing it back and forth. Sounds like all of you could be taking daily acidophilous pills, and eating more yogurt. Also, other recommendations are, wash your hands more frequently during the day, dry w a fresh paper towel. Use a bath towel only once. Wash all towels, bed linens, bras and panties, in hot water. Change your bra every day. Add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle with your linens and underwear.

Avoid sugar and white flour products, alcohol, and fruit juices. Drink water and eat fresh fruit (instead of juice).

The underboob rash you get is probably yeast too. ( I get that too, on hot days, sometimes.) You can use monistat on that rash as well.
Only one of my men tend to get them, and when he does it's noticeable, and we treat it. Monostat /miconozole is irritating for me. I have to use clotrimozole if I use a cream at all. But I find that probiotics work WAY faster and better than medicine, cream or pill. That is why I am so sure that it is an internal problem. I haven't gotten one in a few months since I've been taking probiotics a couple times a week. The heat rash under my boobs goes away in the next couple days if I wash and apply powder. I have had a yeast problem under my boobs in the past. Yeast smells, heat rash doesn't (and I have a very sensitive nose, even compared to non-smokers. I never let smoke pass through my nose, it hurts.).
Old 09-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
It was me who made you this thread Tekojo... I can add the whole lot to mine under womens stuff if you want. I don't mind moving that. I didn't mean to cause you duress. I apologize for that. I wanted to honour your journey and what is going on for you. You are an amazing woman for making yourself so vulnerable and inspired me to write in a more vulnerable manner. Thanks for the inspiration. I appreciate that in you, and don't disrespect it. I can understand that you are feeling way too out there as a result of my making you a thread though, just say the word and this thread will be taken out of the lime light and put elsewhere less out there.
I actually feel a lot better now. And I am sorry for being so... everything negative I was being.
I know a lot of that stuff I said was said through my depression. I am torn on many of my feelings and opinions. I also have positive thoughts about women, but they didn't come out while I was depressed and angry at femininity.
My depression has been non-existent the past two days. I feel better about my relationships, better about myself, and a lot better about Amber. I don't feel any better about my mom, lol, but I just lack tolerance for her "feel sorry for me" attitude, especially when she tries to tell me that its my fault. It is kind of sad that for someone with depression, I have no idea how to comfort people with depression. My mom also scares the hell out of me.
I appreciate you being so understanding. You seem to be a wonderful person.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
I'm a 34FF but I mostly don't wear bras at all, except when exercising. Well I do wear lingerie, but as I said, it's meant to be removed relatively soon. I don't wear it outside or anything.
I personally find it more comfortable without, for simple weight issues: with a bra on, the weight is on my back and shoulders (where the bra is, really), while without a bra it's spread out on all my skin and therefore I don't get shoulder and back problems.
While my breasts do hang down to some extent, I don't have a problem with it, since to me it just looks wrong when breasts don't. I mean it's just natural, gravity and stuff. Of course, I'm only 25, I guess they have lots of time to sag more and maybe I'll feel different about it then.
I did get rashes when I wore bras, but I haven't since I stopped a few years ago.

Bravissimo has plus size bras, swimsuits and also shirts (so you can wear button up shirts that actually fit the right way), if anyone is interested. Starts at D cup, goes up to KK, with 28 to 40 back. So they would have some stuff in 40D if that's indeed your size, TeJoko. Although since it's only online, I would definitely recommend being sure of your size first. Apparently most women wear bras that aren't the right fit, which wouldn't be comfortable at all I'm sure. You might think you're 40D but actually be 38DD or 36F for instance.

Anyways, I agree I also feel better without panties at all. But I'm more self-conscious about that for some reason so I do tend to wear them most of the time.
I got fitted for a bra thing to go with a bride's maids dress at David's Bridal. It's a strapless bra thing that goes down over the chest and kind of the belly... What are those called? It pushed my boobs up to almost IN my face. They are freaking HUGE in that thing. Anyways, it is 38D. But in most 40D bras I use the middle of the 3 hooks, and when it gets old and stretched I use the tighter hook.

Bras are unhealthy in general. One study has concluded that wearing bras increases your risks of breast cancer many times more than pretty much everything else. Of course, duration of wear matters. NEVER wear a bra to bed. I don't wear one most the time. I wear one when I go out and am not wearing a big heavy coat, and sometimes when I have dressed in a tighter shirt and want to continue to look presentable and feel not so bouncy for the rest of the day. I move a lot, I move fast, and I move like a flexible person. Often times my boobs will slap against my chest and make a clapping sound. That is especially embarrassing when someone new or someone I am not sexually comfortable with is over. My nipples sag to my belly button, I just turned 26, no kids. When I lean forward while sitting, they sit in my lap. There is about an inch of space between my boobs and my lap right now.
They say your boobs aren't actually saggy unless your nipples point more down than forward. Mine point straight down. How about yours?

Where can I go to get a proper fitting? And, how can they properly fit me when I am either wearing a bra or my boobs aren't even in the shape or general area they will be in in a bra?
I can't buy a bra online without being able to feel it, try it on, and know it has no padding. (I have NO idea why they make large size bras with padding. I want mine smaller, not bigger!)

Last edited by TeJoKo; 09-13-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Bikinis are not for firearms practice, silly girls.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
WITH NO SNARKINESS INTENDED: This right here screams that you have some unresolved personal issues that need addressed.

Wow. You obviously don't live somewhere like we do. Where I live it's COMMON (especially this time of the year) for all of us "women" straight and bi alike to be knee deep in the body of a dead moose. Shot by a man or woman is arbitrary. I was out snow-camping in -30 F, on skis, in the woods, hauling tent, sleeping bag, warm weather gear, food, cookstove, with my parents and siblings by the time I was 10 years old...
Aside from having had 4 major surgeries for health problems in the last 8 months I would be leaving tomorrow on a hunting trip with Maca. Again, into the woods, wash your hands clean of blood in a mud puddle, wear the same warm weather clothing for a week, in a mummy bag on the ground, searching for moose......
Where do you live? I grew up in a small town in the mountains of Washington state and the women still didn't generally do that stuff.
Quote:
This sentence baffles me silent. I don't know what hormones and babies have to do with make up. I CAN and HAVE dressed to the 9's. I can do my make up and hair, put on a formal dress and heels and enjoy a HELL of a great night on the town with my two men.
However, I can also give them a run for their money in the woods. I'm training to do the ironman triathlon-which sure as hell doesn't make for a lot of time to by "pretty" and if I committed to not leaving the house without make up.. fuck I might not be able to leave the house for months at a time (quite literally) because I damn sure do NOT have time to be worrying about what other people think I look like....
Women... That is what babies and makeup have in common. They are things are are advertised relentlessly to women is if every single one of us wants them.
Quote:

Are you young? Again, I'm not being snarky-but my 19 year old daughter had the same attitude when she hit puberty. When you break it down to legistics, yes that is gross. AS IS a downward facing hose that drips whenever it damn well decides to (read-penis). Hell I had a HARD TIME when I was young with giving a blow job-because I was disturbed by the fact that there was no way they were WASHING the pee OUT OF THE TUBE inside of the penis.
At some point I decided that the pleasure gained by my men and I was well worth any trace amounts of THOSE bodily fluids that we may ingest... *same is true of my ex-girlfriend, seeing her squirm in pleasure made going down on her well worth any "gross value" I had to deal with*
How often does a penis drip? Sure, after a guy pees there is a little sterile liquid left over. A little drips out, but after a short while it stops. Not all men experience pre-cum, at least not regularly. I am not sure if it is a personal thing or a matter of how full their testicles are. And men don't end up with crust in their underwear like women do.
Quote:

One suggestion-don't judge them. Just like any man, if you start out with "you suck and stink too" they aren't likely to want to continue opening up to you. The second thing I suggest is trying to meet some women in activities that you do enjoy. If you want to meet women who enjoy hunting and camping-go do those activities with groups who do that. Hell-go to Alaska. Plenty of those here.
What, you think I am telling women that I meet that I don't like women? I don't judge individual people on anything but their individual personality. I am VERY non-confrontational in person. I am fairly non-confrontational online.
I don't want to go to group events. I don't like groups of stranger, first of all, and organized group camping would be so restrictive. I don't even like group tours or movie theaters. Maybe it's social anxiety... I just don't do well talking to strangers.
Quote:
My goodness! My sister is straight and poly. I know 2 women here in person who are poly and bi and two who are poly and straight.... Maybe you ladies really need to go on vacation and meet some people outside of the circles you are in? I mean-seriously, I know for me I've found that when I go away from my "normal stomping grounds" I tend to find that there are MANY MANY different type of people that I never even knew about, because they weren't the norm HERE.
What would be the point of that? Making superficial acquaintances in places I will never visit again or at least not soon? There doesn't seem to be a point at all.
Quote:

Ah well, that one is easy to fix. Stop watching tv. It's been 15 years since we had tv and it hasn't been missed. No stupid commercials, no stupid views on life.
I only watch tv when I am exposed to it. I watch movies when I am forced. I don't like passive entertainment. But I also see these ads at the grocery store, billboards, the internet, magazines, catalogs... It is everywhere.
Quote:

If you know that those type of women bother you... why are you around them? I mean.... I don't keep friends who don't enjoy the activities I enjoy.
My nearest female friends are ALWAYS doing those things. Hell we spend summers crawling the woods, scavenging for berries, fishing, hiking, hunting, camping (tents, not rv's here guys). Currently I have so many damn bruises that the dress Maca picked out and asked me to wear today probably left people wondering if I'm abused! I'm not, I got them all my own self doing LIFE au natural! (sorry if that is spelled wrong).
I am not around them... I don't keep female friends. The only woman I have been around regularly for the past decade is my mother.
Quote:
it seems to me like you are limiting yourself by not going out and meeting women who live in the REAL world. Do you live in a big city or something? That could be part of the problem. High maintenance women are generally going to be more prominent in the city-where as women who like to be "back country" are going to be more.... well NOT in the city....
I live in the Seattle/Tacoma suburb of Lakewood, Washington, one of the richest and most ghetto cities in the state. It is very diverse, and the home of many military personnel who are stationed at Fort Lewis or McChord AFB.
I grew up in a small town in the mountains in central Washington. It was in this tiny town of Cle Elum that I developed my opinion of women.
How the hell do you meet people? Seriously? Everyone goes about their busy lives, barely acknowledging that other humans exist. Also, how am I supposed to know at all if they are someone worth trying to get to know? Polyamory isn't the only controversial thing that goes on in my home or that I believe in.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJoKo View Post
Bikinis are not for firearms practice, silly girls.
What! You don't wear a bikini or a corset when you have fire arm practice! Damn! I'm canadian, what do I know... :P

I don't think I've ever ever seen a gun in holstered and up close before. Oh ya, one, my American friend who pulled it out in a metro station in montreal. I told him to put it away the moment he took it out. It turned out it was a cry for help, he shot himself with it a week later. That's it.

*Wave* you are right across the water from me.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Bras are unhealthy in general. One study has concluded that wearing bras increases your risks of breast cancer many times more than pretty much everything else. Of course, duration of wear matters. NEVER wear a bra to bed.
Yes, my family has a history of breast cancer and that's a big reason why I don't usually wear bras, although regular massages can make up for it, I hear.

Quote:
They say your boobs aren't actually saggy unless your nipples point more down than forward. Mine point straight down. How about yours?
Mine point down more than forward, but not straight down.
As far as I can remember, my breasts were already hanging down 10 years ago, when I was fifteen. I can't really say I notice them sagging any more now than they did then. Maybe they'll stay that way?
Mine don't reach my belly button when I'm standing though (they go below when I'm sitting). I think it's probably about the shape as much as the size.

Quote:
Where can I go to get a proper fitting? And, how can they properly fit me when I am either wearing a bra or my boobs aren't even in the shape or general area they will be in in a bra?
I can't buy a bra online without being able to feel it, try it on, and know it has no padding. (I have NO idea why they make large size bras with padding. I want mine smaller, not bigger!)
I'm with you on that. I don't get padding in big-sized bras. And I have to say, for me the fitting has been hard too. It ends up being about trying bras and seeing how they fit, and deciding if the band or cup needs to be bigger or smaller. Because they're not the same shape at all as what they will be inside a bra, and they're so soft, measuring them without any clothes on seems impossible to me...
Old 09-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I don't think I've ever ever seen a gun in holstered and up close before.

You must have meant un-holstered because you sitting a foot away from a holstered one just yesterday...gotta love my friends

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-13-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
What! You don't wear a bikini or a corset when you have fire arm practice! Damn! I'm canadian, what do I know... :P

I don't think I've ever ever seen a gun in holstered and up close before. Oh ya, one, my American friend who pulled it out in a metro station in montreal. I told him to put it away the moment he took it out. It turned out it was a cry for help, he shot himself with it a week later. That's it.

*Wave* you are right across the water from me.
*Waves* I've seen Canada across the water, but I've never been there. Well, not since I've been old enough to remember. I guess my mom took me to BC when I was a baby, but that doesn't count.

Wow, to pull a gun out in public is pretty serious. It's even a crime here, unless you have a legitimate, life threatening reason to do so. Even though carrying non-concealed is legal in Washington, if the presence of your firearm makes anyone feel threatened, law says it is then a threat, and legal action can be taken. It's really iffy. It's always best to never let anyone in public know you have it.
How did he get the gun across the border? I am sorry to hear about your friend. Suicide is a hard thing to cope with, I know.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
Yes, my family has a history of breast cancer and that's a big reason why I don't usually wear bras, although regular massages can make up for it, I hear.

Mine point down more than forward, but not straight down.
As far as I can remember, my breasts were already hanging down 10 years ago, when I was fifteen. I can't really say I notice them sagging any more now than they did then. Maybe they'll stay that way?
Mine don't reach my belly button when I'm standing though (they go below when I'm sitting). I think it's probably about the shape as much as the size.

I'm with you on that. I don't get padding in big-sized bras. And I have to say, for me the fitting has been hard too. It ends up being about trying bras and seeing how they fit, and deciding if the band or cup needs to be bigger or smaller. Because they're not the same shape at all as what they will be inside a bra, and they're so soft, measuring them without any clothes on seems impossible to me...
It sounds like yours are a lot like mine.
I also have to try on different cup and band sizes... But it's so difficult. Most stores I've been to carry only a limited supply above 38 or C. 38C is always easy to find, 40C is easier to find than 40D, even 38D is easier to find. It's really frustrating, really really is. I should just make a habit of getting online and ordering more when I find one I really like. Lately it's been sports bras.