Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 02:27 AM

It does make sense and that's exactly it. We're confidant he'll be back, but we can't say when. He updated me that his first night in Florida went really well. That's awesome, but makes me worried!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 AM

Well, you know what they say... You've got to let them go, set them free I definitely think it was the best course of action in your situation.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 PM

Yes, "If you love someone, set them free." I told Joshua that and he said, "No, you should beat them, drag them back, and chain them in the basement." He was kidding, of course! Thanks, Tonberry, you are a very pleasant person to talk to!

Joshua suggested we try dating in the meantime... I don't feel ready for anything serious, but I guess building connections doesn't hurt, right? I joined OKCupid and have been slowly adding to my profile and trying to include a lot about Joshua as well. I really can't imagine "replacing" M, but I'm trying to not think of it like that and just try to meet new people, even as friends.

I have had a little bit of texting contact with M lately, which is good. I guess for him to keep in touch at all right now, during the most exciting time of the move, is something to be appreciated.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 AM

Well, I sorta texted with M tonight. It was very broken, he had an interview (not fully sure the details as he transferred for work, so I think it was for a higher position) and told me he was cooking while his boyfriend, we'll call him JB, was playing piano (how lovely.... -___-#). I asked him if he'll text a bit tonight because I miss him and asked for a picture of him (as I realized I don't have one on my phone) and he said, "In a bit <3". I have not heard back...

Joshua will be without his phone for a little while. He's not training in the field like the infantry guys, but because they can't have their phones, NOBODY can. He isn't sure for how long, he called long enough to say it was being taken away.

I feel very lonely tonight...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:37 AM

I'm sorry you feel lonely I know how it can be as my husband works 18 hour shifts and my boyfriend is a long-distance relationship (and his shifts can be just as long).
I hope you find ways to keep busy, it usually helps me if I do things for them (whether it's chores and feels like I'm doing it partially for my husband, partially for me, or working on a gift for one of them, or planning out our future and projects, etc).

It's a bit harder for you I assume since Joshua is deployed and therefore not around (so chores probably feel less like they have anything to do with him) and your situation with M is "on hold" so projects are hard to make... But I hope you can find something that will work for you!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:34 PM

Thanks, Tonberry. You really are an awesome support right now.

You're right that the chores feel more "for me" right now and it's hard to do anything for M because of JB...

I'm actually getting to text with M this morning. I guess JB is at work, so M has some time (as he hasn't gone back to work himself yet). He said things are going great with JB and I've been honest with how I feel, telling him I'm happy and sad both. He said he does mean it when he said he loves us, he just wants to be with JB more right now and is hoping it will last. I'm starting to think it would be easier if JB were into poly relationships and we just try to all share. :P I don't think he would be, though, and I don't think M would even attempt to ask... And I don't know if M would want that.

So complicated...

Adding something a little positive... Although off-topic of relationships... I have been passively looking for a job, so by the time Joshua returns I am not still unemployed, and there is an opening at one of the video game stores, so I put an application in.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 PM

I am horrible at being on my own. :/ With M unable to talk much while around JB and Joshua without a phone, I feel so lonely... I miss my boys.

*EDIT: And I am getting sick of seeing the FB updates and comments between M and JB... YOU ARE RIGHT THERE WITHE EACH OTHER. That is all...

Last edited by MsKtty89; 09-26-2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Updating details
Old 09-26-2010, 06:33 PM

So, I told my dad very basically that Joshua is bisexual and we have feelings for the same friend and are trying to make it a three-person thing. He said, "That's your personal life, Dear. You do what you feel is right." So that was good. We didn't talk more on it, but I just wanted him to be aware.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKtty89 View Post
So, I told my dad very basically that Joshua is bisexual and we have feelings for the same friend and are trying to make it a three-person thing. He said, "That's your personal life, Dear. You do what you feel is right." So that was good. We didn't talk more on it, but I just wanted him to be aware.
It's great to see some people can be so accepting

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Yes. I guess I didn't expect any less, but I still worried of disappointing him. :P It will be a while before I say anything to my mother and I don't know if Joshua will ever tell his family... They aren't accepting of most things in general.