Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM

I didn't hear from M until I was going to bed, as was he. He was with a friend (one who is going through a lot of rough times right now), which is why he didn't answer. I know this person and used to consider them my friend, too, so I completely understood.

M is off at 4:00PM today, so much more time to maybe get dinner... I am wanting to cook hamburgers.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 PM

Finally saw M last night. We grilled burgers and hotdogs (yay leftovers!) and watched TV and cuddled, etc. We talked a bit more about everything... He's moving Friday or Saturday (he's not sure which day he'll drive off yet). We keep slowly discussing how things would work if all three of us were together. He said it's weird with Joshua, just because he has never seen this side of him before--he's very forward. We agreed that that's a good thing, though.

While cuddling he talked about his Florida-boy and I told him how I do want him happy, but I don't want him to go. He told me I'm adorable and he'll miss me. Doesn't change the fact that he's still leaving, but was nice to hear.

We're supposed to get together again this week before he leaves...
Old 09-16-2010, 07:12 PM

Well, M leaves tomorrow, unless for some reason he's decided to stay until Saturday. But, he was fixing his car up yesterday and said it'll make it for sure, plus is already packed. Hopefully I get to see him this evening when he gets off work.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:25 PM

M is on the road to Florida. I did get to see him Thursday night for a short while and say my goodbyes, so that was something. I texted him after to tell him I love him and he said he loves me, too. I also told him to let Joshua and I know that he makes it there safe.

I don't think it's hit me yet that he's gone.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:58 PM

I'm sorry, MsK It must be harsh seeing him go. I hope everything will work out fine!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 PM

Thanks, Tonberry.

I can't honestly say if I want him happy in Florida or if I want him miserable so he'll come home soon. I guess it's a bit of both and I feel bad that I wish the latter at all.

He did say in a few months he'll try and fly back to visit. Joshua gets to come home for a couple weeks in March, so I'm hoping M can visit around that time and all three of us can be in person with each other.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:03 PM

M has been posting his journey on Facebook, so everyone can tell where he's at. Joshua got him to text a few times, but he's not replying to me and it's bothering me.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 PM

Finally heard from M briefly last night. He should be arriving at his destination today.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:58 PM

So, M made it there safely and is very happy. I guess things are going really well so far (I expect him to be having his own NRE for a while... how long does that last?).

I feel happy for him, but at the same time very, very sad and am trying not to cry over it. I'm trying to stay a supportive friend above all else, which is very hard!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:29 AM

NRE lasts different amount of times for every relationship, so it's hard to tell! I hope you'll be fine, I'm sure it's hard for him to be away when you don't know if you'll ever "get him back", if I'm making sense. Good luck!