Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 AM

Default Intro

Hi, I am new to this whole thing and am unsure if I am polyamourous or not. I have been engaged to my fiancee for a year and a half now, and we were both interested in the idea of a threesome and we had one with a work friend and it went well. We purchased a book on threesomes and read of a triad and the idea intersted us for sometime in the future. Well recently we attempted a threesome with a friend of ours and I began to have feelings for this girl, and told my fiancee about it all and she understood and we began speaking of a triad. Well because of some complications a threesome never happened so a triad defintely wouldnt lol. But the we both liked the idea and well I dont really know, I am just confused all around as I always believed one partner was how it was. Thanks for any feedback.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:04 AM

Welcome to the world of poly, my wife and I came to poly in a fairly similar way as you. We started with swinging, went to a hotel party and figured out we wanted to at least get to know the people we jump into bed with, then we met a couple and became friends and realized that we didn't want to leave it at "just friends", somewhere I discovered the word polyamory, and it all clicked. Good luck with your own journey of discovery. I hope all goes well. God bless.