Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 04:35 AM

Default Some people are just meant to be single.....

So,
I was listening to a sermon last weekend (yeah i do occasionally go to church LoL) and anyways it was about that basically some people are just meant to be single.
I got talking to a friend about this and they accepted it readily. so...
i decided to venture and say..
so...if some people are just meant to be single and others have a somebody out there ... well couldn't that mean that some people are meant to love more then one person?
my friend told me they had never thought of polyamory that way before and we ended up having a good long discussion about poly and love.
anybody else got any thoughts on this? were my random musings about poly making sense to a mono freind merely a fluke? LOL
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 AM

Most folks tend to forget that most things in human experience are experienced in a variety of ways. Some folks will have but one mate for life. Others will have only one at a time and only a few in their lifetimes. Others will have one at a time and many over the years. Others will have a few at a time and only a few during their lives. Others will have a few at a time and many over the years. Still others will have many at a time and many over the years.

So, yeah, some folks will probably never mate up with anybody. Others will find one, two, or ten. This is something I figured out years and years ago and I'm still amazed that something I see as so fundamental is a foreign concept to many other people.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:04 AM

Default Hmm..

So perhaps, when next I try to start the topic to my friends about poly, I should say something like:

"You know all those boyfriends that you have coming and going? I've decided to catch up with you by dating two at once. They know, so its all cool."
Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGurl View Post
So perhaps, when next I try to start the topic to my friends about poly, I should say something like:

"You know all those boyfriends that you have coming and going? I've decided to catch up with you by dating two at once. They know, so its all cool."
Lmao... Myeah... NO!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGurl View Post

YES! you NEED too just tos ee the looks... giggle, then again i tried that joke...and for some reason my friends just dont have the same sense of humour as me.... :Pin their defense tho i'm the divorced chritian poly gal and i'm just too weird for them to "get" LOL ;-)

Last edited by NeonKaos; 08-31-2010 at 10:51 AM.