Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Old 01-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Default Our Amazing Love Story!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site but wanted to jump right in and share our very happy FFM V poly love story for two reasons: in hopes of inspiring others looking for people with positive experiences and simply because it feels so incredible to talk about US!

My husband and I have been married for 21 years and together for 24 years. From the first moment I saw him I knew he was my soul mate and we would marry. He asked me to be his wife on our second date and I said yes right away! He and I are one person in two different bodies and I am thankful and grateful we have each other to journey through this life together.

Although my husband is the only man I have intimately been involved with, we have had an open arrangement since very early on in our relationship whereby extramarital adventures are not deal breakers for us. He has brought women home, gone on dates and explored other sexual partners all with my happy blessing, acceptance and unconditional love. However, I never "clicked" with any of his special friends.

However, all that changed when I met "CG", a girl my husband went to high school with! Ten years prior to our meeting, my husband (I'll call him R) went back "home" to see his family and had asked "CG" out to dinner but she declined. Fast forward to the present and "CG" came back into R's life.

R and I have always had access to each other's email and FB accounts. It is something very natural for us because neither of us have anything to hide from each other. We are free to be our true and authentic selves with each other. With that being said, I started noticing that "CG" would occasionally send private little FB messages to R and I thought it was cute. I remember telling him that I thought she was really cute and I thought she was flirting with him and if he was interested in her he should flirt back.

He did and the rest is history. We fell into a relationship with "CG" effortlessly. Although "CG" and I are not sexually involved with each other and we each take turns having separate sexual experiences with R, I love her deeply and feel we are all three romantically involved and we are all three invested in building a future together with hopes of all of us living together under one roof someday.

Our relationship with "CG" is still new (We've all been involved since around Aug./September) but all three of us have experienced nothing but happiness and bliss since we've been together. Unfortunately, she lives out of state so we don't get to see and be withe her every day right now but we pay for her to come visit us and we are trying to make sure R gets to visit her for a few days once a month. I will see her when we go up for our regularly scheduled annual family vacation or when she comes back visit us.

I am not sure if it is true love for all three of us or if we are all in a honeymoon phase but we all gel perfectly. "CG" or I might feel sad when R is spending time with one of us and not the other but only because we can't be with them (we all encourage alone time with R as well as group time) but we don't keep score, we don't compare, we aren't jealous nor do we have any negative feelings at all about or toward each other. R is amazing at loving us both and making us both feel like the most important women in his life and he embraces our differences and tells us it enhances his love for both of us.

It makes me genuinely content and happy for R and "CG" to spend time alone together just doing ordinary things and I also experience great joy in knowing they passionately enjoy each other sexually too. I don't wonder if she is better than me or if she kisses better or if she makes him feel better because I know with all my heart and soul that "our boy" R does not compare us like that. He delights in being with our "CG" but he equally delights in being with me and he simply and purely enjoys the different experiences - one not being any better than the other just different. He especially delights in the love and the friendship that "CG" and I have with each other and he is in heaven when he gets to spend time with both of us together whether we are all going to a movie, out to dinner or just having a pajama picnic in bed!

I am not sure if we all feel so fantastic and perfect about the three of us because we are in the "honeymoon" stage or if it will be like this forever but it sure as hell feels like it's forever. I couldn't ever imagine NOT feeling like this about R and our "CG". They both make me so happy and I don't want to imagine life without what the three of us have.

R is getting ready to make a trip to spend some time with "CG" and I am just as excited for his trip and for "CG" to see him as they are! I'm already washing and pressing his clothes and getting his suitcase ready for his trip. I'm going to miss him while he is gone and I'm going to miss being together with R and "CG" and it makes me sad but the over all positive, amazing feelings they each give me outweighs their absence for a few days.

I look forward to any comments or advice anyone might have!

Last edited by TroisForte; 01-04-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Curly Girl asked to be shortened further to CG
Old 01-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Official Greeter

Sounds like a wonderful relationship. Any prospects of shortening that long distance sometime in the future?

Wishing you the best in luck and in love,
Kevin T.
Love means never having to say, "Put down that meat cleaver!"