Old 08-22-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKING!!
lol, ok i get it
Old 08-22-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
It's the same for me; although I can't blame it on being in a small city.
I third this. Women are so cautious!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I third this. Women are so cautious!
Sounds like some of us should have a get together!
Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeGeneration View Post
and not to throw more labels at you, but you sound more heteroflexible than bi, pretty much meaning ur attraction to men far outweigh yours to women, but the attraction is still there
but I could be wrong
And while I'm sure you didn't mean to offend, statements like that are one of the reasons I so dislike identifying as bi ... It feels like I have to justify my sexuality if I don't have "one of each" when dating.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:55 PM

no, offending was not the MO, hence me saying I could be wrong, I was simply thinking aloud. And being bi doesn't mean you need a relationship with both, just means you're attracted to both. I mean I'm gay and single, doesn't mean I'm asexual until I get in a relationship, I still like guys-if that makes sense.
again i was only making a suggestion, one I could not fully explain because I'm typing with a psp and have a limited character count per message, and I try not to post multiple comments.

but to save space, what I neglected to add was that I'd mentioned the 'flexible' label because I know many people who reluctantly identified as bi who felt that flexible was a more accurate label, even if still not completely how they felt. I intended to ask you to look it up and see if it didnt sound more familiar than simply bi, then add at the end that "I could be wrong (but just trying to help) "

but yeah... that didnt fit, sorry :P

Last edited by Rarechild; 10-05-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 AM

Female, androphile (aka straight), married with a boyfriend.

I used to go to another forum that, because it was about reproductive rights, had a "birth control" section on the "person who is posting" part of posts. That is there was the avatar, and then things like location, gender and type of birth control.

Is there any way to do something like that here? We could specify such things as relationship orientation and sex orientation.
If it doesn't fit in the posts themselves, maybe having categories like that on the profiles would help too?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
Female, androphile (aka straight), married with a boyfriend.

I used to go to another forum that, because it was about reproductive rights, had a "birth control" section on the "person who is posting" part of posts. That is there was the avatar, and then things like location, gender and type of birth control.

Is there any way to do something like that here? We could specify such things as relationship orientation and sex orientation.
If it doesn't fit in the posts themselves, maybe having categories like that on the profiles would help too?
Oh gods that sounds really scarey for where I am now. Tonberry, no offense to you. But for me right now I really want more reasons to relate to people not less. Not based on gender, or location, or birth control. Not based on relationship orentation, or avatar, or sex oreintation. I want more reasons to connect not less.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikdancer View Post
I want more reasons to connect not less.
I think TonBerry was simply suggesting a way to describe ourselves more in our poster area, such as adding our gender, orientation and relationship status (if we so choose to add them). It seems like a good idea to me, just makes it easier to understand eachother without having to ask.
just trying to clarify, no offense intended
Old 08-23-2010, 01:59 AM

I think you are right ... and i think that just for tonight I am feeling very very alone and so I reacted wrong. I think I should stop talking now.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:09 AM

It was indeed just a suggestion, and if it was to be implemented it wouldn't be compulsory to fill it, either (and with open stuff like that you can fill it any way you want, too). It might be helpful sometimes to know if, for instance, you're talking to a gay male or a straight female. Ultimately, people are people and it's good to be able to relate and give advice, but the fact that's I'm female, like males and am poly is going to influence the advice that's going to be useful to me personally, so I definitely would fill that information if given the opportunity.