Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zusammen View Post
So you are female and have a straight girlfriend? I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm just curious about what that means.
No rudeness surmised! Yeah, I would love to know what that means, myself. We are a couple who doesn't have sex? We live together, share the same bed, cuddle, there's a lot of affection...

I think I have a tendency to see her as a child of mine. She has bi-polar disorder and until very recently required a lot of that basic care and support with life tasks. I often feel like the parent/adult in our household. So maybe I have a live-in human pet?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
No rudeness surmised! Yeah, I would love to know what that means, myself. We are a couple who doesn't have sex? We live together, share the same bed, cuddle, there's a lot of affection...

I think I have a tendency to see her as a child of mine. She has bi-polar disorder and until very recently required a lot of that basic care and support with life tasks. I often feel like the parent/adult in our household. So maybe I have a live-in human pet?
So that is kind of what I thought it might mean. That sounds lovely! A lot of what makes me identify as polyamorous is the fact that relationships can involve all sorts of different "feeling sets" - they don't need to involve sex (or romance, or affection, or anything else in particular) to qualify as a meaningful relationship. It's great to be able to just acknowledge whatever feelings you have with someone, whatever those feelings are
Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 AM

Physically a female in fact genderqueer, bisexuall, living witha straight male.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:07 PM

Male, homosexual
Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Genderqueer, assigned female at birth, pansexual.

Heck, if dolphins could speak English, i would find them sexy. O.o
Old 06-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Female, straight, bi-curious, open-minded?

The orientation thing seems more like a parameter than an actual accurate description of something. I have always had an attraction to females but I can count on both my hands the number of bona fide female encounters I've had in which I've felt switched on. Of those, only one led to a brief, mostly chaste relationship of sorts and one led to a "fling" wherein she'd make out with me at the club but no where else and it went on for a couple of months.

My main interest is in men at the moment but I'm loosely aware that this might be solely a product of my historical comfort zone and not a fair assessment of my orientation.

I am also open to the probability that I could come to love equally the right woman if she were introduced by a primary and we became plural at some point.

The possibilities are endless. I never know what's going to feel right later on and that's kind of the point to me.

I guess that makes me as close to a Unicorn as one can get without actually growing a horn and pooping rainbows.

How can you claim to love someone with all your heart if you can't stand to let them love with all of theirs?
-me
Old 06-09-2011, 03:25 PM

Im female straight -hubs is straight. And our preference to add in our relationship is a straight male. I did the bi curious years ago when I found a female that I thought was cute and stirred my interest.. tried it.. and found well that I wasnt bi in the least. LOL Just appreciative of a hot body!
Chris
Old 06-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Female. Orientation... erm. I guess I'm bisexual-ish? I've been attracted to females before, and had one tiny fling with a girl once, but all my serious relationships have been with males. :shrug:
Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erosa View Post
Genderqueer, assigned female at birth, pansexual.

Heck, if dolphins could speak English, i would find them sexy. O.o
Heyyyy, you could learn their language. Their language of love!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM

female-poly(still in theory, hoping for that to change sometime this year) straight but can definitely appreciate female beauty and engaged to
C-straightish, new to poly(still in theory)

i hate labels too, they feel too restricting, i dislike anything that boxes me in.